MP3 Various Artists - Tony Goodacre and Friends - Sylvantone Singers & Songwriters
- Add To Basket
Instant Download from music, digital version
Musicians use tradebit:|
Learn how to make music
Pick up cool karaoke downloads
Search for sheet music!
Another 15 original songs from the publishing catalogue of Sylvantone Music. Award winning singers and award winning songs.
15 MP3 Songs in this album (47:40) !
Related styles: Country: Traditional Country, Country: Americana, Featuring Guitar
People who are interested in Hank Snow Merle Haggard Waylon Jennings should consider this download.
1. My Music City Friends. Recorded in Nashville in 1978 and written by Tony as a âthank youâ to the many musicians and singers who backed him, not only on his album âMr Country Musicâ, but also on his stage and TV appearances in Music City USA in 1977 and 1978. On this track, these include Sonny Garrish (steel guitar and dobro), Greg Galbraith (lead guitar), Jerry Kroon (drums), Bunky Keels (piano), Jack Ross (bass) and Mike Davis (rhythm guitar & harmonica.
2. Honeysuckle Dreaming. Originally released on cassette tape only in 1986, and later as a 45rpm single, Stu Page (vocals, lead & rhythm guitar), is joined by members of his own band Terry Clayton (bass), Andy Whelan (lead guitar) both also adding harmony vocals, and Brian Nicholls (drums).
3. I Can Live With That. Joining Sylvantone Music as a songwriter in June 2011, Mick Haley, (who writes under his real name Michael Percy), has been singing for over 50 years, starting as a 10 year old with concert parties in his native North East, then singing Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra type songs with dance bands as a teenager, (during which time he also won a couple of Carrol Levis Discovery Shows). He then began writing songs whilst spending several years in the army, where he also continued to perform. On release from the army, he continued to sing around the many clubs and pubs in the North East, near to his home in Sunderland. It wasnât until 2007 that he recorded a self-promotional CD, âBout Time Tooâ, featuring 12 of his songs at the studio of his good friend the late George Hart, who arranged and played most of the music backing. Mick sent a copy of this CD to Tony, but he had to wait until March 2011 before receiving clearance from BMI to get the songs published and licenced by Sylvantone and PRS, (during which time the songs seem to have been gathering dust somewhere in the U.S.A.) Look out for more of his songs being released on the Sylvantone label in the future.
4. Nashville Marathon. Featuring the pedal steel guitar of a teenage Sarah Jory and the musical and production expertise of Bill Clarke, this novelty song, penned by award winning songwriter Geoff Ashford, was released on Tonyâs album, âThe Tony Goodacre Collectionâ in 1986.
5. Radio Nights. Picked from over 1000 entries to be among the final 10 songs in the 1985 Isle of Wight International Song Contest, this version of Stuâs song was released that year on âThe Sylvantone Showcaseâ various artistes album. Adding to Stuâs band âRemudaâ, Terry Clayton (bass) Steve Isherwood (guitar) and John White (drums) is guest steel guitarist Derek Thurlby.
6. Falling Apart at the Seams. Another Geoff Ashford composition, recorded by Sylvantone Promotionsâ first fully managed artiste Jeannie Dee, was also released on âThe Sylvantone Showcaseâ album in 1985. Musical backing from Duncan Calcutt (Jeannieâs husband) on guitar, Tony Kaempf (bass), Roy Barber (steel guitar) and Bill Clarke (production, and playing everything else).
7. Donât Play Your Cheating Heart. Not only did Geoff Ashford write this original demo version of his song, but he also played and sang all the music backing. Song sent to Tony in 2004.
8. The Railway Bridge at Crewe. Tony re-lives his time as a teenage âferro-equinologistâ (thatâs a train-spotter to most people) by writing this song about the locomotives he âspottedâ standing on the railway bridge leading to the workshops at the North end of Crewe station. Released in 1979 on his album âYouâve made My Life Completeâ, this song features the musical backing of Derek Thurlby on both steel and lead guitars, and George Hamilton IVâs backing musicians on the road at the time, Don Ange on keyboards and Dick Schuyler on bass. Production by Bill Clarke.
9. One of a Kind. Although usually preferring to stay in the background, Duncan proves what a fine singer and songwriter he is. He plays guitar, Tony Kaempf plays bass and adds harmony vocals along with Jeannie Dee. Derek Thurlby plays pedal steel guitar and Bill Clark keyboard and production. Also originally released on âThe Sylvantone Showcaseâ vinyl LP in 1985.
10. We Belong Together. Yet another song taken from âThe Sylvantone Showcaseâ album, Jeannie teams up with Tony for this duet, a song written by Scottish songwriter Donald Grieve. On this track, the steel guitar is played by Roy Barber, with Bill Clarke providing all the other backing.
11. Cheatinâ Again. See track no. 3 for all the details about Mick Haley. On this song, he writes and sings a classic âcheatinâ song in true country music tradition.
12. Letâs Live the Good Life Again. Tony first met award winning Peterborough based singer/songwriter Terry McKenna in 1971, when they were booked together at the old Leicester Country Music Club. Terry sent Tony a number of original songs to perform and record, some of which he recorded in 1974. In 1977, he picked this one to include on his 1977 album âWritten in Britainâ. Backing musicians include Stewart Barnes on lead guitar, Gordon Huntley (pedal steel guitar) Pete Sayers (acoustic rhythm guitar), Steve Hughes (bass), Alan Holmes (drums), and Gerry Hale, Ann & Nick Barraclough on harmony vocals.
13. Me or the Bottle. Originally released on Jeannie Deeâs debut album in 1984, this Geoff Ashford composition was always much requested. Derek Thurlby (pedal steel guitar), Tony Kaempf (bass), Duncan Calcutt (guitar) and Bill Clarke (acoustic rhythm guitars, percussion and sound effects) provide the music backing, with Tony and Duncan on harmony vocals.
14. Rags to Riches. Geoff Ashford won £1,000 1st prize, along with other prizes from the Isle of Wight International Song Contest sponsors TDK Tapes, Sealink Ferries and the Isle of Wight Tourist Board, for this song in the âBest Country Songâ category in 1985. Released later that year on âThe Sylvantone Songbookâ album, Geoff provided most of the backing himself apart from Roy Barber on pedal steel guitar.
15. You Do Love Me Donât Ya? Tony always likes to include a ânoveltyâ song, and this Terry McKenna composition fits the bill. Recorded on âWritten in Britainâ in 1977. Bill Clarke, Stewart Barnes, Pete Sayers (jawâs harp) and the others (see track 12) have fun with a variety of âsoundsâ!!!
âSYLVANTONE SINGERS & SONGWRITERSâ is the third compilation album released by Tony Goodacre that can be digitally downloaded from CD Baby and their partner download companies. The physical CD can also be purchased from Tonyâs own website.
For over 35 years, Tony has been promoting the talents of British country music songwriters, not only by recording over 100 of their original songs himself, but also by releasing albums by artistes he managed through his Sylvantone Promotions company.
The other Sylvantone albums that can be digitally downloaded are âTHE COUNTRY SIDE OF BRITAINâ on which Tony sings 12 of the most requested original songs, (five of them being written by Geoff Ashford) and âMORE SONGS FROM THE GEOFF ASHFORD SONGBOOKâ, on which Tony sings no less than 15 more of this award winning songwriterâs compositions.
For those of you who prefer to hear cover versions of some of the well known and less well known songs recorded by Tony, Stu, Jeannie and Duncan, just visit Tonyâs website â thereâs over 30 different albums to choose from as well as a number of double DVDâs, most with playing time of between 3 and 4 hours. (see video clips on YouTube),
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 T Schoon Vertier - Belgian Girls
- MP3 ?? ?????? ??? ????? - ??-?? Hip-Hop
- MP3 True Margrit - Seaworthy
- MP3 Trav Prescott - Getaway
- MP3 Trini Lopez - Into the Future
Mp3 Myrol - Country: Americana
The self-titled album is a tasteful blend of many musical styles embracing alt-country, traditional-country, somewhat rootsy/Americana, melded together to cr......
Mp3 Country Fried - Saint Of New Orleans
Not new country, but New Orleans country. 11 MP3 Songs COUNTRY: Outlaw Country, COUNTRY: Americana Show all album songs: Saint Of New Orleans Songs Detai......
Mp3 One Horse Shy - Country: Americana
Fresh Americana with glistening female vocals and rich instrumentation 13 MP3 Songs COUNTRY: Americana, COUNTRY: Alt-Country Details: One Horse Shy is a ga......
Mp3 The Desotos - Cross Your Heart
A powerful blend of rock-infused country-blues 13 MP3 Songs in this album (63:29) ! Related styles: BLUES: Country Blues, COUNTRY: Americana People who are......