90 DOG TRAINING TIPS
- Add To Basket
Instant Download from juliesbookcorner, digital version
General Dog Training Tips
1. Concentrate on what your dog is doing right. Professional dog trainers everywhere tell their students to reward their dogs when they do something right. This positive training method is in contrast to training that centers on punishment. Trainers recommend that owners praise and reward their dogs with treats and affection for good behavior instead of just scolding them for bad behavior.
2. Be proactive and keep your dog from behaving badly in the first place. One of the most important tips that a professional dog trainer will tell his or her students is that good behavior is not just the responsibility of the dog. The owner must make every effort to avoid giving the dog the ability to engage in bad behavior while they are still learning the ropes. For example, if you notice that your dog likes to chew, its important to make sure that everyone in the home puts their shoes behind closed closet doors to remove temptation.
3. Stop saying NO! One of the biggest mistakes that people make when training their dogs is saying NO without giving the dog an explanation of some type. Dogs, much like children, will become confused with a simple command of NO! Heres what you should do instead. If your dog is stealing the cats food, tell him NO and then gently guide him to his own food dish. Or, if your dog is chewing on a table leg tell him NO and give him rawhide or another toy on which he can chew. Once your dog begins to actually use the new behavior, reward him with treats, toys and praise.
4. Learn the difference between boredom and separation anxiety. It is important to determine whether your dog is misbehaving when you leave home because he is bored, or because he is experiencing a case of separation anxiety. Figuring out why your dog is engaging in bad behaviors is usually the quickest way to combat the problem. If boredom seems to be the issue, you can probably keep your dog from destroying your house during alone time by providing him a toy stuffed with treats or something else that will help exercise his mind a little. If separation anxiety is the problem, you will need to learn ways to desensitize your dog to not only your absence, but also your preparing to leave routine.
More Files From This User
- Achieve Your Dreams
- 100 Great Weight Loss Tips!
- 125 Vegetarian Recipes
- Abundant Thinking
- Active Listening
Exercise Physical Aerobic Fitness Training Course Manual
Exercise / Physical Fitness Training Course 2 Volume Set - Over 500 pages DETAILED CONTENTS Physical Fitness Training Volume 1 (241 pages) ......
Welding Training Course - 4 Manuals, 1000 Pages
About this item: Learn the Skills of the Trade * Safety precautions in welding operations * Print reading and welding symbols *...
Dentistry Dentist Dental Assistant Training Course Manual
Dentistry - Dental Assistant Training Course Dental Assistant - 8 volumes: Dental Assistant Volume 1: Basic Skills (81 pages) Performing Dental Eq......
Beechjet 400a Pilot Training Manual Download
Manual Covers: General Limitations Cabin Emergency Exit . Cockpit Placards Cabin Placards Engine Instrument Markings Ground Handling Servicing Ope......
Training For Utopia - Throwing A Wrench . Mp3
Artist: Training For Utopia Album: Throwing A Wrench Label: UPC: 0647077115758
Puppy, Dog Training Plr Reports Package With Special Bonus
Dog Training Niche Bundle Package This collection contains the following products: Dog Training Report - Private Label Rights Package Top Doggie Car......
Bombardier Learjet 45 Aircraft Pilot Training Manual Downloa
Manual Covers: Air Cond and Press Aircraft General Aural and Visual Warning Systems Automatic Flight Control System Auxiliary Power Unit Communicati......
Glenn Miller & The Army Air Forces Training Command Band - Flying Home - Complete Shows "i Sustain The Wings" 25th March & 8th April 1944 - Volume 3 (live) . Mp3
Artist: Glenn Miller & The Army Air Forces Training Command Band Album: Flying Home - Complete Shows "I Sustain the Wings" 25th March & 8th April 1944 - Volu......