MP3 Marty Siltanen - It´s A Long Way to Roam
- Add To Basket
Instant Download from music, digital version
Musicians use tradebit:|
Learn how to make music
Pick up cool karaoke downloads
Search for sheet music!
10 MP3 Songs
FOLK: Modern Folk, COUNTRY: Country Folk
It's a Long Way to Roam (released March 2007):
Ten original folk songs about "traveling through life, love and the landscapes that surround us".
Toe-tapping tunes, sing-a-long melodies, and tasteful arrangements of guitar, mandolin, bass, bodhran and vocals, describe this recording. It's a "2 or 3 take recording" intentionally kept simple to keep it real.
Recorded at Riverdale Recorders, Edmonton, by Scott Franchuk, the clean acoustic sound suits the folk, country and Celtic flavoured songs. It typifies a Marty Siltanen performance.
Marty Siltanen - lead vocals, acoustic guitar, mandolin, bass and penny whistle.
Lil Siltanen - vocals
Bill Werthmann - bodhran, vocal
Ron Taylor - vocal
1. It's a Long Way to Roam -about getting lost on the road of life.
2. Off to the Northern Coast -draft dodgers head up the BC coast.
3. Sagebrush and Pine -a cowboy song about the range and how things change.
4. The Old Songs -singing along with the oldies station.
5. Road Kill -truck vs. porcupine. Should I go left or go right?
6. Your Eyes -a love song for my sweetie.
7. The Isle of Lewis -about a place far away in my dreams.
8. Rowand's Rum -the story of John Rowand's remains and a barrel of rum.
9. Heaven Knows -about the passing of generations.
10. Fork of the Road -fun times in my younger days hanging out at camp.
From campfires and basement jams to bars and folk clubs, I've kept my fingers moving and ears vibrating for some 30-odd years with sounds of folk, country, country-rock, blues and bluegrass. It all adds up to rootsy "Canadiana".
Inspired as a young adult by the likes of Neil Young, James Taylor, Poco, The Byrds, John Prine, Bruce Cockburn, Gordon Lightfoot, and Valdy, I spent many hours in the stairwell at University learning to play their songs (great reverb in a stairwell ;-). My first paying gig was for $2 at a friends party, first band gig was in the Purple Lantern hall (one week later my wedding reception was in the same hall!). Overall, lots of bar mileage in Northern Ontario playing country and country-rock on guitar and bass. And lots of sand on the strings playing guitar or mandolin at 1001 campfires.
These days around Edmonton it's mostly song-circles, coffee shops and small clubs. Lil Siltanen will often join me adding wonderful harmonies and sometimes playing percussion. My shows are a mix of stories about my songs, flat-picking and finger-picking guitar styles, some slow, some fast, suitable for all ages and never too loud.
I like an honest turn of phrase and a heart-felt melody. I hope that's what characterizes my singing and songwriting. Stories seen through plaid-coloured glasses. Red plaid... honest stuff... I like that.
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 Mary Mack - Either You Wake Up Or You Dont
- MP3 ??????? (MASTERPIECE) - ?????????????? (Colors Of Conflict)
- MP3 Matt Chittenden - More of You
- MP3 Matt Epp - Youll Find Me Alone
- MP3 Matt Epp - Love In Such Strong Words
Mp3 Noelie Mcdonnell - Folk: Folk Pop
Roots, folk music with catchy melodies combined with stunning guitar performance and heartfelt poetry. 12 MP3 Songs FOLK: Folk Pop, COUNTRY: Country Folk ......
Mp3 Kevin Scanlon - Folk: Traditional Folk
A breed of folk and country, highlighting banjo and guitar. 9 MP3 Songs FOLK: Traditional Folk, COUNTRY: Country Folk Details: Kevin Scanlon Kevin Scan......
Mp3 Gypsy Dave - Liberty
In a corporate world where music is money the Gypsy Dave writes and records songs the way they were meant to sound. Like Bruce Springsteen''s ''Nebrasksa'', ......
Mp3 Kc Flynn - Maximum Capacity: 49
Country meets rock with a little Irish thrown in for flavor 10 MP3 Songs COUNTRY: Country Rock, COUNTRY: Country Folk Details: Six years ago, KC Flynn an......