MP3 Dave Sherman - RiverSide
- Add To Basket
Instant Download from music, digital version
Musicians use tradebit:|
Learn how to make music
Pick up cool karaoke downloads
Search for sheet music!
15 MP3 Songs
FOLK: Folk Blues, BLUES: Delta Style
Show all album songs: RiverSide Songs
The Company Man has been advised by his closest friends to keep his day job. He sings about real life experiences, family, work, winning the Publisher's Clearing House and Duct Tape! Dave bills himself as "another cheap opening act" and has shared the stage such acts as with The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Blood Sweat & Tears, Livingston Taylor and the NESTLES's Moose (puppet).
Created under the direction of seasoned producer Randy Brown, RiverSide is a collection of 15 original songs. This is a brief overview of each song on RiverSide.
1. RiverSide - Friends of Dave's family adopted a girl at birth 26 years ago. Through the Internet, the daughter found her birth mother. At that time, the young girl was married and expecting her first child. The birth mother agreed to travel to Texas and meet during the Christmas season. Dave had written a Christmas song about Mary and was performing it in his church on Christmas Eve. It is called Incredible Mother. As he was singing about one incredible mother, he looked at the crowd and saw the silhouette of three women enter the church. The mother, the young mother and her birth mother entered the sanctuary at the same time through the main entrance. Three incredible mothers! He went home that Christmas Eve, and before midnight this song wrote itself.
2. Gold Rush â This is a fictitious song written during an Alaskan cruise in 2001 about the struggles of the Alaskan Gold Rush and the fruits of hard work.
3. Duct Tape Blues â This was originally written by Joel Mabus. Dave wrote the last verse, and Shermanized the song quite a bit.
4. Sing In My Room â Because of his day job, Dave traveled a lot when his children were young. His daughter always wanted him to sing her to sleep, especially the night before heâd fly out for the week. Several years later, she still wanted her daddy to sing in her room. Three year old grandson Preston adds his vocals to Dave's on Sing In My Room. A version of this tune is also on YouTube.com.
5. Daddy Take My Hand â This was written for Daveâs youngest daughterâs wedding 2005. She has always been scared of EVERYTHING.
6. Andy â Based on a college addiction to TV that Dave has never shaken.
7. Run Girl Run â Soon after Daveâs first grand daughter was born, he wrote this song about the five things he wanted her to know as she grows up. âRunâ in this tune is a metaphor for running toward righteousness and running from evil.
8. Raised Right â As the project was being completed, Dave was blessed with another grandchild. It was hard to know what to say in a song to this little one. Dave could only assume he would be a product of his mother and father. âRaised Rightâ is a play on the phrase that was yelled out when his daughter graduated from high school. In an arena packed with 3,500 people, she said the benediction. When she finished, a woman yelled out, âYou know that girlâs been RAISED RIGHT!â The babyâs dadâs been âRaised Rightâ too.
9. Company Man â This song is about working for Brown & Root, downsizing and now being self-employed.
10. I Was There â This was the first of the three grandbaby songs on this CD. Daveâs associate pastor, Scott Wiley spoke about a parentâs greatest mission in life. That sermon inspired this song. He said a parent's most important task is to make sure their children are exposed to the gospel. Then he said the second most important mission we have in life is to make sure their grandchildren are exposed to the gospel.
11. Box of Photographs â This was written for Daveâs first âbaby girlâsâ wedding. She and her husband were really in the 5th grade together. The producer of RiverSide, Randy Brown, created an earlier studio version of this before the wedding. The family literally had the sound man ready to hit the [play button] in case Dave couldnât sing it at the wedding. He made it.
12. Mr. III â Being âDave Sherman IIIâ Dave often get mail addressed to âMr. III.â Some earlier computers looked at the suffix as a name and sometimes printed it âMr. Dave Iii.â He actually received the Publisherâs Clearinghouse announcement addressed to Mr. Iii. This song describes that tale and his response to it.
13. Haley â This was written for a special âlady.â
14. Squirrel Song â This is a fun 1-minute song written for Habitat for Humanity.
15. A Baby Boy A King â This is the most amazing thing about Christmas to Dave. To him, it seems the Savior would be born into royalty and have power and influence immediately. The opposite condition was Godâs plan.
Musician on RiverSide include Mershell Sherman of Florida on percussion, Dirje Smith on cello, and Matt Menefee of Cadillac Sky on banjo. Randy Brown plays mandolin, high-strung guitar, farm implements on Gold Rush, and a few things he could not disclose.
Key points from Run Girl Run:
* Love God
* Dream big
* Have fun
* Show kindness to others, and
* Know that you are loved
* Run, run, run, Girl, run
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 Sherry Ryan - Wonderful Cures
- MP3 Shine The Light - Spirit So Holy
- MP3 Shuko Mix - Se Le Perdio El Anillo
- MP3 Shy-Anne Hovorka - Black ThunderBird
- MP3 Charles Laster Ii and Silvia Pratesi - Journey of Life
Mp3 D.johnson - Mississippi Delta Blues
Critically acclaimed acoustic slide guitarist joins with savvy harmonica player to perform Mississippi Delta Blues songs in the style of the 1920s and 1930s.......
Mp3 Frank Blackfield - No Class Blues
Singer-songwriter Country Blues/Ballads/Cajun Blues 10 MP3 Songs in this album (36:07) ! Related styles: BLUES: Blues Vocals, BLUES: Delta Style People who......
Mp3 Ma Rainey - 1923-1928
The "Mother Of The Blues" - Her legendary sessions recorded between 1923 and 1928. 24 MP3 Songs BLUES: Blues Vocals, BLUES: Delta Style Details: The "Mot......
Mp3 Mikey Junior - The 420 Sessions
Harmonica blues. 15 MP3 Songs BLUES: Harmonica Blues, BLUES: Delta Style Show all album songs: The 420 Sessions Songs Details: When the oldest continuous......
Mp3 Shoeshine Blue - Talk Real Slow
A bedroom blues opera, full of lo watt amps, acoustics, haunting vocals and literary swagger. 12 MP3 Songs FOLK: Folk Blues, BLUES: Delta Style Details: Sh......
Mp3 Grady Champion - Goin' Back Home
Grady''s voice not only makes you think of Robert Johnson, but the way he works the crowd seems as though Johnson''s fire and raw sense of what the audience ......
Play The Blues! Laid Back Delta Blues In C For Drummers - Blues: Delta Style
âLaid Back Delta Blues in Câ is a fun song to play along with. Most musicians know the chord changes, so you can learn to play live with jazz,...
Mp3 John Sinclair & His Blues Scholars - The Delta Sound (fattening Frogs For Snakes, Vol. 1)
8 MP3 Songs in this album (68:51) ! Related styles: Blues: Delta Style, Spoken Word: With Music, Type: Vocal People who are interested in should conside......