MP3 Guaranteed Irish - Live
- Add To Basket
Instant Download from music, digital version
Musicians use tradebit:|
Learn how to make music
Pick up cool karaoke downloads
Search for sheet music!
15 MP3 Songs
FOLK: Irish Traditional, FOLK: Irish Contemporary
Show all album songs: Live Songs
This CD features the musical group, Guaranteed Irish: Bruce Foley, Paddy Folan and Jimmy Lamb playing in a small session and features some of their favorite music.
This is a great album, recorded live in a studio with 40+ of our friends. We had a lot of fun recording in a session-like situation at Audiomation Studios. The recording quality is superb and we were very happy with how the music came out. This album has a very personal feel to it with a good variety of songs and tunes. A small bit of post-session work was done to add some tracks (Bruce is too clumsy to play the whistle and guitar at the same time).
1. RAMBLIN' BOY (Tom Paxton) a song about life on the road and the camaraderie between two friends. Tom Paxton has written so many ballads that will last for hundreds of years. This is the first one of his that I learned as a teenager. [Bruce]
2. NANCY WHISKEY (Traditional) this Scottish ballad gives a moral perspective on the life of a hard drinker who loved the drink so much that he gave it a woman's name. The chorus is a favorite of many fans. [Bruce]
3. LONG, LONG BEFORE YOUR TIME (Johnny McEvoy) Johnny McEvoy had a huge hit with this ballad depicting a conversation between a father and daughter. It would be difficult to find a song with more touching lyrics. [Paddy]
4. KEVIN BARRY (Traditional) a rebel ballad that tells how a young rebel was hung as an example but refused to give in. [Bruce]
5. THE GREEN AND RED MAYO a song from the Galway group, The Saw Doctors. You can't help but get the thought of staying in Ireland when you are looking out on a beautiful sunset. This song captures that feeling. [Jimmy]
6. JIGS: THE RAMBLING PITCHFORK / SADDLE THE PONY (Traditional) a couple of favorites played on the button accordion and uilleann pipes.
7. YOHO VALLEY (Wilf Carter) I learned this from Hugh Montgomery, a singer in northern Ontario. Wilf Carter (also known as Montana Slim) was a prolific writer of songs that always told a story. The YoHo Valley is in the Canadian Rocky mountains, near Banff National Park. Wilf wrote this song on the spot for a girl he was trying to impress. It involves a bit of yodeling and was a favorite of the well known Connemara musician (and good friend), Frank King. [Bruce]
8. WAXIE'S DARGLE (Traditional) an old ballad about a few mischievous women planning on some extended weekends at some well known places that were well-known for being drinking sprees. [Bruce]
9. ORDINARY MAN (Christy Moore) a workingman's song from Christy Moore. [Jimmy]
10. EMIGRANT EYES (Clarke/Stannah) this is a song that celebrates the legacy of all those who came through Ellis Island. [Bruce]
11. RARE AULD TIMES (Pete St. John) a ballad about how Dublin is rapidly changing and one fellow who can't keep up with the progress. [Bruce]
12. LEAVE HER JOHNNY (Traditional) this popular Sea Chanty always gets the folks clapping and singing. [Jimmy]
13. POLKAS: THE STRAND BAR / MAGGIE IN THE WOODS (Traditional) two lively tunes we often play for ceilidhe dancing.
14. THE LAKES OF PONTCHARTRAIN (Traditional) A great ballad dating from the American Civil War. An Irishman, now a Confederate veteran, meets up with a Creole beauty. Paddy does a great job on the harmonica. Listen to our 3rd CD to hear a more modern version written by Hank Williams. [Bruce]
15. YOU COULDN'T HAVE COME AT A BETTER TIME / THE KESH JIG (Luka Bloom / Traditional) this song is one of our favorites. We follow it with the tune that Luka cleverly based the song on. [Jimmy]
Bruce Foley - vocals, guitar, whistle,uilleann pipes
Paddy Folan - vocals, button accordion, harmonica
Jimmy Lamb - vocals, bass guitar
Executive Producer - Paul Loftus
Recorded at - Audiomation
Engineer / Producer - Randy Rhodes & Joe West
Mixed by - Bruce Foley and Joe West
Digital Mastering - Tom Walsh at Electric Tommyland Studios
Year released: 1993
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 Ibrahima Faye - Gudd Fann-live Long
- MP3 Guillermo Anderson - Costa Y Calor
- MP3 The Gumbo Brothers - Funky Freedom
- MP3 Guneet Rai - Maya
- MP3 The Gutterpups - All You Ever Were
Mp3 The Dady Brothers - Irish Folk Fest
A fine collection of Irish Folk songs recorded entirely by two of upstate NY''s finest troubadours with stunning vocals and instrumental backing. 16 MP3 Son......
Mp3 Colm Heaney & The Bad Dj's - Ten Foot Tall
This mischievous follow up to Exploit of Heroes & Villains contains an eclectic mix of styles from rock, acoustic-pop with hints of jazz, all intermingled wi......
Mp3 Round Mountain Girls - White Rum
If you take your bluegrass fast and furious with two parts Celtic, one part rock and a dash of pop then this is for you. 12 MP3 Songs in this album...
Mp3 Gerry O'beirne - The Bog Bodies And Other Stories: Music For Guitar
Music made on a ragtag collection of stringed instruments, digging deep into the wood and the strings. 10 MP3 Songs WORLD: World Fusion, FOLK: Irish Contemp......
Mp3 Gary Quinn - Keep Her Lit
Contemporary Style Accordian Music, Irish Influence 11 MP3 Songs in this album (38:34) ! Related styles: WORLD: Celtic, FOLK: Irish Contemporary People who......
Mp3 Marian Bradfield - Secret Life Of A Woman
Described as one of Ireland''s hidden treasures 13 MP3 Songs in this album (56:11) ! Related styles: FOLK: Irish Contemporary, EASY LISTENING: Adult contemp......
Mp3 Westside Steve Simmons - Windward Crossing
Folk Rock Celtic Ballads 12 MP3 Songs FOLK: Irish Contemporary, FOLK: Contemporary Celtic Details:
Mp3 Clanna - Shadows On The Moon
5 MP3 Songs in this album (16:04) ! Related styles: Folk: Irish Contemporary, Folk: Folk Pop, Type: Acoustic People who are interested in eddie reader mary......