MP3 Men From When - About Time
- Add To Basket
Instant Download from music, digital version
Musicians use tradebit:|
Learn how to make music
Pick up cool karaoke downloads
Search for sheet music!
12 MP3 Songs
ROCK: British Invasion, ROCK: Grunge
Show all album songs: About Time Songs
When the folk-pop duo Lessick & Lincoln joined forces with avant-garde electric guitarist Art Cohen, a collaboration first conjured in a rock band 15 years earlier, never in their wildest dreams did they expect the project would take 11 years to complete. Not that they were working on it daily the entire 11 years, as each musician got involved with other projects, but the CD just may be one for the record books. The obvious title was About Time, since the completed work was a long time coming, and most of the songs were in some way about time; how we spend it, who we spend it with and how fleeting it really is. With a sound that combines Lessick & Lincolnâs happy harmonies with dark lyrics and electric guitar with a raunchy psychedelic edge, Men From When has people describing them as a strange cross between the Monkees, Nirvana, garage rock and roots rock. Throw in a tad of psychedelia and add some power pop and country and you begin to approach the sound. It really depends which song you are listening to:
1. Jenny McDowell is a bit of roots rock bubblegum with a mysterious story of long lost love and abuse.
2. Love Is The Heart explores immortality from the perspective of an agnostic in a grungy folk rock style
3. Nothing More To Say mixes Seattle grunge and a bit of sixties sensibility
4. About Time is a Monkees style power pop song about before itâs too late
5. Mr. Smith is a hard rock tune with a dark story to tell of a dead guy who has fallen and canât get up
6. The Same Dirt Road is a true story of the past becoming the present- with a bit of a Garcia feel on lead guitar
7. Queen of The Sun is about an omnipresent nobody with a weird hook full of late Beatlesque harmony
8. Silvertone Transister Radio is a mid 60âs twelve string Rickenbacker fantasy with a wall of sound
9. Downtown is country alt with wild Revolver era electric guitars
10. Things You Said That Day is early acoustic Beatles with a Dire Straits lead guitar. The song is about John Lennon.
11. Kissed- Garage Rock, messy and loud
12. The Sweet Marie- An electric lullaby of lost times
So there you have it. If you want to play a tune, youâve got a clue what to expect. If you like it loud, try cuts 3,5 and 11. If you want it soft and early Beatlesque, try cut 10. If you want it catchy give tracks 1 and 7 a listen. If you want it retro, try cut 8. If you want deep lyrics go to 2. If you want poetry go to 12. If you want to hear some psychedelic guitar, check out cuts 6 and 9. And donât forget cut 4; itâs the title cut for a reason.
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 King Messiah - Messiah Speaks State of Agression
- MP3 Michael Anthony Nigro - Guitar Sudamericana
- MP3 Migraine - 52 - Grasshopper
- MP3 Miguelon El Angel De La Banda - Simplemente Miguelon
- MP3 Mike Diamond - Old School... Back in Session
Clubstar Session-the Warm Deepness-compiled By Henri Kohn (mp3 Album) - Clubstar Session - The Warm Deepness - Compiled By Henri Kohn . Mp3
Artist: Clubstar Session - The Warm Deepness - Compiled by Henri Kohn (MP3 Album) Album: Clubstar Session - The Warm Deepness - Compiled by Henri Kohn Label:......
Dancing Into Nothingness (mp3 Album)
This CD single features "Dancing Into Nothingness", as heartfelt ballad written by the lovely and talented Shirley Hall Milkoff. 1 MP3 Songs in this album (......
Gentle On The Hudson (mp3 Album)
A tribute to Chesley Sullenberger''s skillful ditching of Flight 1549 from a passengers viewpoint combined with a prayer that listeners will find almost as i......
Lets Talk Money (feat. T-pain) (mp3 Album)
My style and aura represents who i am. When you listen to my voice and overall sound, you can honestly say to yourself no one sounds like Magg-1. 1 MP3 Songs...