MP3 AEP - The 1st Free Rock Duel
- Add To Basket
Instant Download from music, digital version
Musicians use tradebit:|
Learn how to make music
Pick up cool karaoke downloads
Search for sheet music!
12 MP3 Songs in this album (52:14) !
Related styles: ROCK: 70's Rock, ROCK: Progressive Rock
People who are interested in Led Zeppelin The Rolling Stones King Crimson should consider this download.
The main idea on âThe 1st Free Rock Duelâ is a combination of four elements. Firstly, I wanted to establish a rich, boomy acoustic guitar which also acts as bass and percussion at the same time, partly in the style of Petteri Sariola, but in a more classic rock soundscape. Secondly, the electric guitar is a lot riff based, combining a variety of classic, hard and progressive rock, new wave and also classical guitar playing, with occasional solos of different styles. Basically I try to combine 70s rock guitar sound with just a bit of 80s heavy rock now and then. The role of the guitars is to change the lead part with each other. For example, sometimes the acoustic guitar is the lead guitar, sometimes they both form a âDuelâ, acting as a twin guitar solo. Thirdly, my lead vocals are most of all influenced by the great rock singers such as Paul Rodgers from Free and Bad Company, Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) Glenn Hughes and Ian Gillan (Deep Purple), Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath), Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy), to name but a few. Still, I do sound different. My favorite guitar players are Jimmy Page (Led Zep), Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck, Andy Summers (The Police), David Gilmour (Pink Floyd), Leo Brouwer, Robert Fripp (King Crimson), Keith Richards (The Rolling Stones), Eddie Van Halen etc.. Finally, I added a backing vocal track, sometimes a very high pitched, which partly takes a lead vocal role from time to time. If you want to know about the lyrics, please go to my first solo album âThe First Acoustic Free Rock Relationshipâ page. To help you get in the mood of my tracks, Iâve commented them below, trying to find out what bands and artists they might sound like. I didnât actually copy any band; I made the songs and then thought about who and what they could sound like afterwards:
1) Furniture Man. A Stones style acoustic guitar and vocals, with a hint of Yes and The Police in the middle part. A progressive electric guitar riff, developing into 80s AC/DC style chorus and some baroque counterpoint between the guitars before the last verse.
2) The Final Hours is rhythmically Led Zep, but also a bit of flamenco and funk plus reggae at times. Influence from Free and classic rock and roll in the intro and chorus, plus vocals. Weird bluesy prog solo in ending very heavily. Coda has a slight Faith No More feel in vox.
3) Talkinâ âBout U is the most classic rock track here, maybe early Stones in the vocals, Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry and slightly Jimmy Page style r&r solo.
4) B My Woman is very Stonesy, but also The Clash is involved in the middle, not to mention The Sensational Alex Harvey band. Done in the style of 70s disco feel , and it somehow includes Pink Floyd .
5) Addiction has a killer funky flamenco riff, maybe mid 70s Deep Purple style. Thin Lizzy influenced vocals, the mid part soundscape combines Robert Fripp harmony and Eddie Van Halen delay, plus 20th century classical piano music. Lots of classical influence, in fact.
6) Mostly Harmless combines punk and progressive rock, mainly Genesis and Pink Floyd, so I have decided to call the sub-genre Prongk rock. The second main riff is a cross between Eddie Van Halen and Robert Fripp. The Police style riffs are there, too. So this is the riff song.
7)Failure is a mixture of Free, Bad Company, Deep Purple and Led Zep, and even Radiohead and Floyd. In the progressive slow rock style.
8) Reality Check may fit into progressive genre, because it includes baroque style counterpoint between the guitars, flamenco-Arabic coda with 70âs Finnish prog rock solo (Wigwam and Tasavallan Presidentti), and even late Beatles style verse, all in The Police meets King Crimson harmonies. Iâm very happy about how this track sounds.
9) Escapism combines Nick Drake style acoustic guitar and vocals with Roxy Music influenced very freely floating electric guitar, maybe even some Simon and Garfunkel feel. Slightly funky at times.
10) U Could B Mine, Butâ¦ is definitely Led Zep, but also Frank Zappa, Stones, CCR, Deep Purple, Police, Foo Fighters, King Crimson AC/DC etc. Another one of my favorites, maybe because it doesnât clearly fit into any certain genre â but rock.
11) H.O.T. August 19, 1996 is the song for fans of guitar solos. Different ones: Arabic slide solo (maybe Ritchie Blackmoreâs Rainbow style), then Fripp influenced second solo; thirdly, the coda starts with Paul Kossoff meets Tommy Bolin melodies and finally Brian May type outro. Slightly jazzy vocal melodies and chords, with Pink Floyd feel. Very progressive.
12) My Muse is vocally Led Zep, also acoustic guitar reminds me of LZ III somehow. Some hints of Rainbow follow. Coda is the virtuoso heavy folk duel between the guitars. Heavily delayed slide guitar in the verse parts of the song, creating a spacey feel, contrasted by very fast, even speed metal type acoustic guitar.
Enjoy listening, and please comment!
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 Aeon Drive - Frankenstein
- MP3 Aeterna - Tribute to Armodue
- MP3 Aeolian Music Works - FROM QUARK TO QUASAR
- MP3 Avana Method - Heart of Divine Reflections
- MP3 Alfred V. Fedak - Come, Creator Spirit: Fedak Plays Fedak at Westminster Church, Albany
Clubstar Session-the Warm Deepness-compiled By Henri Kohn (mp3 Album) - Clubstar Session - The Warm Deepness - Compiled By Henri Kohn . Mp3
Artist: Clubstar Session - The Warm Deepness - Compiled by Henri Kohn (MP3 Album) Album: Clubstar Session - The Warm Deepness - Compiled by Henri Kohn Label:......
Unique Type Woman (mp3 Album)
Real Life Words of Encouragements 1 MP3 Songs in this album (4:49) ! Related styles: BLUES: Rhythm & Blues, BLUES: Soul-Blues People who are interested in ......
A Place To Go (mp3 Album)
A song of remembrance and healing honoring those who died in tragic events and the places people go to remember them. 1 MP3 Songs in this album (4:55) ! Rel......
Thee Thy Thou! (mp3 Album)
This CD single features "Thee Thy Thou," a spiritual country tune written by the marvelously talented William Johncock. 1 MP3 Songs in this album (2:56) ! R......