MP3 Stephanie Davis - Western Bling
- Add To Basket
Instant Download from music, digital version
Musicians use tradebit:|
Learn how to make music
Pick up cool karaoke downloads
Search for sheet music!
11 MP3 Songs in this album (37:13) !
Related styles: COUNTRY: Western Swing, BLUES: Jazzy Blues
People who are interested in Billie Holiday Bob Wills Madeleine Peyroux should consider this download.
Hot dang! After two long years in the making, the first two volumes of our Western series, "Western Bliss" and "Western Bling" are here! Featuring Stephanieâs extraordinarily unique and soulful voice, both projects include an amazing array of rare and classic western, swing, western swing, standards, and even the new original theme song to Stephanie's upcoming âTrailâs End Ranch Radioâ show. Ace guitarist Rich O'Brien leads an all-star lineup of Texas musicians, and collector-quality cover art by Montanaâs incredible Monte Dolack make this a series youâll want to collect and display. Absolute artistry--a must-have for music lovers everywhere!
What Others Are Saying:
"The songs will follow you around...you'll find yourself listening over and over to her unique, dazzling voice." Margo Metegrano, www.cowboypoetry.com
"Silky, sparkly, plenty of horsepower, simply delicious...downright blingriffic!"
Hal Cannon, Founding Director, West. Folklife Cntr.
"Stephanie Davis is one of Western music's mega-talents." Rich O'Brien, guitar player extraordinaire
STEPHANIEâS WESTERN BLING "Track-by-Track" Notes:
1. TALKINâ'BOUT YOU: A fun opening romp of an old Bob Wills tune, featuring the boysâ Louie Jordan-style vocals, Cindy Cashdollarâs delightful steel work, Reggie Reufferâs breathtaking fiddling, and Rich (âBadgerâ) OâBrien's and Clint Strong's positively celestial twin guitars. Roll up the rug!
2. I DIDNâT REALIZE: Another wonderful Bob Wills tune that I learned from Rich. Features some extra tasty, âHowâd he do that?â solos by Clint and Reggie.
3. SOON: Lovelyâ¦wistfulâ¦a perfect marriage of melody and lyricâ¦This George and Ira Gershwin gem, from the 1929 Broadway show âStrike Up The Band,â shimmers and sparkles with our Western Bling treatment.Check out Richâs always-tasteful, understated guitar work and Reggieâs swoonarama triple fiddles.
4. HUBBINâ IT: If the only bailout youâve been the recent recipient of involved the âgentle as a kittenâ stud horse your cousin Lester brought back from the sale barn and an amorous cow moose, hereâs your song, Western Bling-style.
5. NEVERTHELESS: Another classic from 1931, also a hit for The Mills Brothers in 1951. Ah, the terrible/wonderful angst of standing shivering atop the High Dive Of Loveâ¦hereâs to all of you brave hearts, and remember to check to see that thereâs water in the poolâ¦
6.BEYOND THE SEA: We âWestern Blingedâ this wonderful Bobby Darin classic, and danged if it doesnât take to it like a newly washed dog to a mud puddle. Even if your kitchen window looks out onto the parking lot of Bubbaâs Lube, Oil, and Filter, Bakery, and Internet Café (âHave a Baguette and Surf The âNet While We Service Your âVetteâ)in Bedsore, Oklahoma, this one will have you swaying, swooning, and staring dreamily out to âsea.â Somewhere out there is a handsome/beautiful, exotic, financially independent, sane, sober, non-incarcerated, wellâ¦you get the pictureâ¦
7. BABY, THAT SURE WOULD GO GOOD: Can you tell weâre crazy about Cindy Walker songs? This one features Oaklandâs wonderful Paul Danielsâ velvety background vocals and some sultry instrumental riffs. Our webmaster, manager, and chief cook and bottle washer, Rick, recommends a â74 Petrus, decanted and at cellar temperature for this track.
8. SLOW POKE: Dealing with someone whoâs always running late? Tired of sitting around and waiting? This charming Pee Wee King song has probably saved countless marriages, governments, and even an Earthlink Technical Support operator or two, by encouraging martyrdom, codependency, and a splash of Stockholm Syndrome. We just like making the ticking clock noises.
9. IF I HAD YOU: The dreamy standard, recorded by everyone from Rudy Vallee to Bing Crosby, slips into our Western Bling format like deer guts on a doorknob. Features some ridiculously fabulous steel playing by Cindy.
10. THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE: Economy getting you down? Hey, try being a musician. Or a songwriter. Or a rancher. Or all three at once. Ah, heck. Life is still pretty wonderful, and our take on this sweet classic by the legendary Tin Pan Alley songwriting team of Lew Brown, Ray Henderson, and Buddy DeSylva is guaranteed to put the spring back into your step.
11. GOING AWAY PARTY: My favorite Cindy Walker song, and my favorite track on the whole project. Magical, live, first-take vocals (if I say so myself.) Achingly exquisite solos by Rich, Cindy, and Reggie. The reason God invented Western Bling. If this doesnât land you sobbing in a fetal position, check your pulse.
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 Stuart MacCormack - Build Your Confidence & Self Esteem - Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- MP3 Strongpoint - Strongpoint
- MP3 Stone Carpet - EEE
- MP3 Stephanie Cadman - Celtic Blaze
- MP3 Stuart MacCormack - Deep Relaxing Sleep - Neuro-linguistic Programming (Nlp)
Mp3 Em Drew - Bohemian Blues
An eclectic collection of Jazzy Blues songs with compact jams and a dash of Folk and Rockabilly. 14 MP3 Songs in this album (70:31) ! Related styles: BLUES:......
Mp3 Paul Metzke - Feeling Mighty Nice
Jazz guitar power trio; high energy blues funk fusion 12 MP3 Songs JAZZ: Jazz Fusion, BLUES: Jazzy Blues Details: Paul Metzke is a consumate Jazz Guitari......
Mp3 Bill Stevenson - For The Record
Blues based jazz with vocals in the jump swing style. 10 MP3 Songs BLUES: Piano Blues, BLUES: Jazzy Blues Details: Bill Stevenson has been performing mus......
Mp3 Ed Deane - Slideshow
First solo album from acclaimed Irish session guitarist features a wealth of moods and styles, from excellent surf and film noir parodies to atmospheric blue......