Like us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/tradebits

Follow us on Google+:
Tradebit on Google+

The MP3 player

Posted by puzzler 
The MP3 player
June 14, 2005 06:47AM
After recieving some "complaints" about the windows media player implementation and that "only" around 80% of your users can listen to your music, we have planned to implement a new flash player for the files. You may choose then if you would like the media player or the flash player.

diversity is the spice of life, but we are still evaluating serveral versions and flavours for a new player!

stay tuned,
puzzler

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2005 06:48AM by puzzler.
Re: The MP3 player
June 16, 2005 04:39AM
So folks,

we are done with the evaluation, but are not happy with the results. All flash players seem to have problems with different bitrates. Wimpy is cool (http://www.wimpyplayer.com/) but has some problems with the LAME generated lo-fi files on tradebit. If I can fix that, we would prefer wimpy!

Other players we tested all work on base of a configuration file, which is not good in our case: we generate everything dynamically!

So, gimme a few more days, I figure something out!

Cheers,
Puzzler
June 21, 2005 03:47PM
the mickey mouse effect with flash players is well known with MP3s you resampled yourself!

there is no way around it!

peace!
August 25, 2005 03:41PM
I am considering an MP3 player for an entertainment website. It appears that either you know a lot about the subject because you ran tests or work for Wimpy. Can you give me some answers about your choice and why? Can this be automated so an artist can upload their own snippets in a secure area? What policies concerning the MP3 file do I need to put in place for smooth performance...size, bitrate etc?

Anything you can tell me is appreciated.

Marc Crenshaw
August 25, 2005 03:57PM
hi marc,

first of all: every MP3, which can be played on the web via any player is downloadable ... so, for basics: files you wanna play should either be previews OR you want to give them away for free anyhow!

On that base:

Conversion rate for playing with a flash player: it has to be 11.025 or a multiple of that figure!

I choose wimpy, because I love to be supported quickly! Open source is fine and there is a great FREE player around as well... you gotta look! I think you can find a link here : [www.jeroenwijering.com]

Ok? Don't forget to upload some MP3s here, it brings you traffic and exposure!

Puzzler
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login