Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Like us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/tradebits

Follow us on Google+:
Tradebit on Google+

How does a buyer manage to purchase a file that is not on Tradebit?

Posted by marcos-eshop 
How does a buyer manage to purchase a file that is not on Tradebit?
August 16, 2009 05:07AM
On 8/15/09 a buyer made a purchase from me of a file that was definitely not on Tradebit because I took it deleted it to update the file. Well they obviously didn't get a download but they did get a refund according to my Sales Summary. So my sales summary has a negative balance for the day they made their purchase. How can Tradebit accept payment for a non-existant file? Or maybe payment was attempted, failed and somehow they managed to get a refund out it anyways. I'm not sure what happened but I its strange.

Ralf, can you give me some direction or look into the transaction? The sale id # is: 2345791 and the non-existant file # is: 6778431. By the way the transaction detail says the the price of the file is -$12.49 and that it has been downloaded 100 times.

Thank you in advance for your response.
Re: How does a buyer manage to purchase a file that is not on Tradebit?
August 16, 2009 08:44AM
hi,

that could happen in various ways:

a) if you deleted it freshly, it could still have been in the cache, but only within 1 hour

b) if you took the button with you, the button will not change for your file and still point to the old one

c) someone else took your button around and did not update it

and some other circumstances could be thought of, I will take a look...

ralf
Re: How does a buyer manage to purchase a file that is not on Tradebit?
August 16, 2009 09:31AM
That does make sense. Thank you for looking into it and thank you for responding quickly as always.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login