Like us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/tradebits

Follow us on Google+:
Tradebit on Google+

Can I block certain buyers?

Posted by audiobooksandmore 
Can I block certain buyers?
November 23, 2010 11:24PM
Is it possible to block buyers who may get repeated refunds after downloads or buyers who purchase my products and then list them at a cheaper price?

Thanks
Re: Can I block certain buyers?
November 24, 2010 02:49AM
Hi,

Yes you can. Once logged into your account, make sure you are in power admin mode (it will say in grey at the top right). Click layout and then if you look on the left hand menu bar you will see block buyers. If you click this a list appears. Add your e-mail addresses to that list and click return. Make sure you add the names in lower case.

Everytime i have a charge back or payment reversed i add the buyers e-mail if they don't respond to a customer service enquiry.

Hope this helps.

Adam
November 24, 2010 07:36AM
thanks adam!
November 24, 2010 09:28AM
This used to work for me but as of late it does not. Even if they are in the list they can still buy my files
November 24, 2010 11:37AM
rideredmanuals Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This used to work for me but as of late it does
> not. Even if they are in the list they can still
> buy my files

Hi,

Not sure how the block works but i was under the understanding that they can still buy the file and pay but the block stops the file being delivered. Mentions it above the bit where you add the buyers you want to block.
November 24, 2010 11:37AM
puzzler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thanks adam!

You are welcome!
October 18, 2011 08:24PM
Blocking buyers does appear to be working again... but the blocked buyer emailed TradeBit support and was given a link to download the file! This kind of defeats the purpose of blocking

I don't see blocked sales in my sales log, so there is no way to give them a refund. Yes they are blocked, but now I am taking their money and giving them nothing in return.... Is this how the blocking works?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2011 08:25PM by rideredmanuals.
October 19, 2011 03:24PM
hi! nope, that blocking means basically: the buyer buys, but does not get a download link... best we can do. but if support then goes out and helps these guys, which are probably blocked by a reason, the whole show becomes a comedy :-(

i will talk to sascha about that! Sorry!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login