MP3 Funk Dub Division - the Hits
From the heart of San Francisco''s Mission district underground, Funk Dub Division melds funk, jazz, electronica, and surrealiasm into a delicious digital mix. Music for a Funk Dub World.
10 MP3 Songs
WORLD: World Fusion, ELECTRONIC: Dance
Funk Dub Division
Now hear this! Funk, dub, soul, experimental, electronic moshing featuring some of world music''s tightest players and vocalists blend in a digital, psychedelic amalgamation influenced by the likes of: Rufus, Black Uhuru, Miles and Monk, Martin Denny, Ravi Shankar and William Burroughs.
Musicians and producers, software architects, shamans, gurus, poets and singers all meet in SF''s Mission district - often only in the RAM of underground recording studios. Jazz masters Click Dark, Jim Peterson and Marty Whener(courtesy of President''s Breakfast and Disclexia records) bring extemporaneous brass, reeds, and percussion to the table; while gospel director Kevan Peabody tracks righteous B3 to compliment the synthesis stylings of Kurt Stenzel. Guest artists Bohemia the Punjabi rapper and Jif Ran drop conscious about the illusions of the material world.
Waveforms are captured with titanium and carbon/kevlar lasers where they are dubbed, funked, and juiced. The resulting blend of disparate musical cultures and technology creates a delicious digital stew of cutting edge sonics.
Music for a Funk Dub World!
Funk Dub Division is:
- Bill Stefanacci - Keyboards, sampling, production, dubbing, mixing, and arrangment - Bill has been immersed in the physics and electronics of psycho acoustics since before his actual birth. Published in over 800 journals, his theories on sub-atomic particle/wave arrays in DNA are
accepted by the global science community as the bridge between the material world and consciousness itself. In addition to his duties at FDD, Bill is also the head of ESA Productions, committed to perfecting all aspects of audio in documentary and educational television. Bill has worked with the following artists in different capacities: Mutabaruka, Judy Mowatt, President''s Breakfast, Moe Dark and the Love Posse, Pamela Z, The Persuasions, Metallica, Hugh Masakela, Les McCann, Third World, Premo, MacMill, The Uptones, The Shanghai Conservatory Ensemble, Sukavet Ali Khan, Ray White and the San Jose Symphony. His professional career in audio supports his true passions of surfing, Japanese martial arts and yoga.
- Dan Rielly - Bass, guitar, keyboards, arrangement, production, coercion, shucking and jiving. Dan has played in more than 6,000 bands in the Bay area including Big Mix, the Job(featuring Alan Ginsberg), Funktrazz, Party of 5, the Skoings, the 60 Minute Men, the Decoys, Tumblin'' Dice, Innerstate 5, Band in Sweden, Snakeyes, Bjorn, Baby, Bjorn, the Retenders, Umbrella Defence among others. In addition to music, Dan''s interest in crossword puzzles and radiology keep his short attention span in check.
Pool of Talent:
- Fatty Acid - synthesis and dub, ascetic visionary
- Bohemia - rap, The "Punjabi Rapper"
- Wolf Bostedt - trumpet and mellophone, sonic impact
- Colin Dahms - bass and guitar, child prodigy in music and technology
- Click Dark - drums and percussion, head of President''s Breakfast/Disclexia empire
- Darth Fader - keyboards and dub, master of the obvious
- Poppa Fresh - keys, master of funk, thats all he does
- Guy Geduldig - jaw harp, Vortexan
- Jack Herr - visual design, subliminal messaging
- Lark Ashford - vocal on V-dub, ambient distillation
- Ken Lee - mastering, worker of miracles
- Jeff Mann - bass, former Komotion capo
- Chris Manners - webmaster, ubiquitous enabler
- Genevieve Mauldin - cover model, ghetto fabulous
- Colin Miller - guitar and vocal, world surfer, animator and post production supervisor
- Negrobot - drum programmer, thats all he does
- Mark Olmsted - spoken word, Elvis detector
- Kevan Peabody - organ, gospel director
- Jim Peterson - sax and horn arranger, one take wonder
- Mark Pistel - mixing and dubbing, producer, engineer, bassist for "Consolodated"
- Jif Ran - vocalist, true vocal soul source
- Mordechai Shapiro - chants, bishop,lead singer of "the Invertabrates"
- Josiah Seiver - guitar, ina dubwize style
- Kurt Stenzel - synthesist, mission underground icon
- Takako Takeda - spoken word, martial artist and master of bioinfomechanics
- Wayne Welch - drums, historical perspective
- Marty Whener - trombone, horn arranger, lyric visionary