Dealing With Teenage Drug Abuse
How to Deal With Your Drug Addicted Teen
It doesnt matter how you find out. Finding a stash of marijuana in his dresser drawer. Or maybe there are pills missing from one of your prescription medications.
What does matter is that it is truly the worst day of your life when you suspect or even discover your child is experimenting with drugs.
What do you do? Who do you call? How do you react?
Those are all valid questions and believe me you will have many more as you begin to cope with the problem.
The worst thing you can do is fly off the handle even though that may be the first reaction that comes to mind. Anger is just a poor substitute for fear and you do have every right to be fearful.
Whatever you do, do NOT make the mistake of thinking where did I go wrong? The fact is that you probably did nothing wrong. Too often parents want to shoulder the blame. There is plenty of blame to go around so dont blame yourself.
The truth is that teenage drug addiction doesnt play favorites. It is rampant everywhere and at all socio-economic levels. Rich, poor, average. It just doesnt matter. Turn on any television. Read any newspaper and its right there in your face.
What can a Parent Do?
Well, the first thing you can do is to be prepared. That doesnt mean you will have a problem with your child. It means exactly what it says. Be prepared!
Dont wait until you have the problem to educate yourself. Spending a few dollars to make sure you understand exactly what to do or watch for is a small price to pay and just may save your teenagers life!
You need a copy of Dealing With Teenage Drug Abuse. Become aware of what you should be paying attention to. Learn everything you can about the different types of drugs that our kids have access to.
Trust me, some of this information will blow you away. Many parents just dont believe that they were so blind to what was going on right under their noses. Information like:
· Teenagers and Drugs An overview of what is available that your kids get high on and a preface to the upcoming in depth chapters.
· What Are Depressants and Stimulants - In case you have none of these in your medicine cabinet we explain them and give you names to some of the most common
· Alcoholism Did you know that this is one drug that is more widespread than any other? The saddest thing about this is that many pre-teens are becoming addicted to alcohol.
· Opiods, Analgesics and Cannabinols Yes, they are all different.
· Hallucinogens and Other Substances How your teenager gets them.
· Glues, Inhalants and Aerosols This is pretty sad but much of the stuff that kids start out with are right under your kitchen sink!
· Over The Counter OTC Just because it can be bought easily doesnt mean its safe! Until recently you could buy all the ingredients for meth right over the counter! Thanks to some retailers that has now become a bit more difficult.
· Caffeine and Nicotine Among Teens If alcohol is the most popular drug of choice among kids cigarettes are right up there at the top of the list!
· What To Do In A Drug Emergency Do you have any idea what to do if you ever find your child passed out from any drug? You should. His or her life may depend on it!
· Is Your Teen At Risk for AIDS This is no longer just a problem for full-blown addicts or prostitutes. Do you know whether your child has shared a needle with someone who is HIV?
· Symptoms of Teenage Drug Abuse Do you have any idea how to find out if your teen is involved in drugs? Most parents dont because they refuse to believe that THEIR child would possibly experiment like that. Sure.
· Therapies for Drug Addicted Teens What do you do once your worst fears are realized? Do you even know where to begin? Well give you some assistance with this.
Listen, the best-case scenario is you spend a few bucks for something you read once then file away in your digital library fully armed and aware of the danger signs to watch out for.
Worse case scenario is still a best case because you have the knowledge you need and are fully armed and aware of what to do.
Dont take the risk. Get the book. Its worth the few bucks for your peace of mind. And, who knows, it might just save a kids life!
More Files From This User
- The Ultimate Guide to the Australian Shepherd - Dog Breeds
- Macrame - 20 High Quality PLR Articles Pack!
- Wine Tasting - 30 High Quality PLR Articles Pack!
- Basics Of Forex Investing PLR Ebook
- Public Domain - Free For All Profits PLR Ebook
Self Treatment For Drug Abuse
Drug Addiction - 50 Unrestricted Plr Articles
Overcoming Prescription Drug Addiction: A Guide To Coping And Understanding - Rod Colvin
Clean: Overcoming Addiction And Ending America¿s Greatest Tragedy - David Sheff
Addiction: A Pastoral Response - Dann Bucky
Fuir La Démence - Alice Nehme
Defeat Drugs And Live Free With Master Resell Rights
The Natural Medicine Guide To Addiction - Stephanie Marohn
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!