MP3 Capital Jazz Project - Kalon
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
11 MP3 Songs
JAZZ: Traditional Jazz Combo, JAZZ: Bebop
JAZZ SEXTET WITH GUEST ARTIST NEW YORK ALTO SAXOPHONE GREAT JIM SNIDERO.
Capital Jazz Project was formed in April 1997 by seven Sacramento area musicians. Since then, the ensemble, which now includes five regular members bolstered by guest artists, has given dozens of self-produced concerts. So far, concert themes have included the legendary Blue Note record label, Wayne Shorter, Charles Mingus, Thelonius Monk, Horace Silver, Brazilian composers, Duke Ellington, Art Blakey, Dave Brubeck, John Coltrane, women composers, Charlie Parker, Afro-Cuban classics, Clifford Brown, Pat Metheny, Cannonball Adderley, and original music composed by CJP. In December 1997, the group began offering individualized instruction in jazz improvisation to the community. In March 1998, CJP began the Jazz Mentor Program, which allows younger, less experienced and amateur jazz musicians the opportunity to perform with CJP in a professional setting. Also in March 1998, CJP began an outreach program, bringing educational and performance programs emphasizing jazz history and improvisation to regional schools. In August 1998, CJP became Artists-in-Residence and faculty of the Jazz Major program at American River College.
The performances, programs and services of CJP have been planned and developed to meet our mission statement and fulfill our artistic vision: To create an atmosphere of respect for jazz as a high level art form, equal to classical music and other ethnic musics, and to present repertoire that is diverse and representative of the complete history of the genre.
CJP has released three CDs: Capital Jazz Project, Kalon, and A Tribute to Clifford Brown, featuring Bobby Shew.
Capital Jazz Project Mission
1. To maintain an ensemble of professional jazz musicians.
2. To develop and enrich the musicianship of these instrumentalists by skillful training through dedication to the highest musical standards.
3. To make jazz music accessible to the diverse population of Sacramento, especially to those in the community who might otherwise never hear live jazz music.
4. To foster an appreciation for jazz as a serious art form through the regular and continuous programming of jazz masterworks.
5. To offer a performance vehicle for the production of new jazz works through a resident fully-professional jazz ensemble.
6. To stimulate the public's interest in jazz through performance and educational presentations.
7. To fill a void which presently exists in the greater Sacramento area with regard to productions of and education about jazz music.
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 1038440)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!