MP3 Cherry - Car Cleavage
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
5 MP3 Songs
URBAN/R&B: Funk, JAZZ: Smooth Jazz
Car Cleavage is an instrumental funk EP that features the songwriting/ saxophone stylings of Cherry, a Vancouver- based Asian female saxophone player. The idea behind making this record was to have these 5 songs (written and arranged by Cherry) professionally recorded, with real musicians playing LIVE instruments on the record. While that idea has been brought to real life, the reality of making such a record is much more costly than most people realizeâ¦
Here is the cost breakdown for making this record:
- STUDIO TIME: $3354.45 (this includes laying bed tracks, recording, mixing, editing, & mastering)
- COST OF HIRING LIVE MUSICIANS: $1275.00 (just so you know, the only reason Cherry was able to hire such amazing musicians to play on this record for so little money is because they are all good buddies of hers who only agreed to play on the recording as a favour. The average rate for hiring a musician to play on a record is $100 per song PER musician).
- COVER DESIGN: $150.00
- DUPLICATION OF 150 CDs: $449.90 (this was the cost of duplicating the physical CD only, with the image printed on the CD; this DOES NOT include the cost of the jewel case, or the photocopying of the front and back covers. Unfortunately, this is how much it costs when CDs are duplicated in such small batches).
As it stands right now, until enough money is generated to pay someone to duplicate CDs in batches of 500 (complete with jewel case, front & back covers), Cherry stands to make a âprofitâ of $1.58 Per CD, if the CD is sold at $8 / unit.
$ 8.00 (purchase price)
- $4.00 CD Baby cut (bless their hearts)
- $2.42 (cost of making each CD in such small batches)
Unfortunately, Cherry doesnât have a rich uncle or wealthy parents that help pay for her musical endeavors; therefore the financial costs of making such a project is placed solely on her shoulders. Cherry is in the hole for over $5700 for recording 5 songs! You do the math.
Money generated from the sales this CD will be put towards paying off debt from making this record, and towards recording a new full-length pop/rock album on which Cherry will be singing, playing sax, keys, electric bass, and writing the horn arrangements. Cherry will begin recording her new album in January, 2007 at Mushroom/ Hipposonic Studios in Vancouver, Canada.
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 1051362)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!