MP3 Johnny Afro - Super Sport
Variety of styles including hip hop: old school, new school, all us regions, south, midwest, west, east, concious and party, parody, spoken word to music, dance songs, alternative with a few featured artists.
19 MP3 Songs
HIP HOP/RAP: Hip Hop, SPOKEN WORD: With Music
Super Sport Bio
This is an album for the commuter, road tripper, thinker, partier, lover, & businessman. Most of all this album/cd is for you. Some of the tracks are brand new. The intro is new:
1. Like That. I''ll finish writing the song on one of my future albums maybe...maybe not. It''s the song I made right before tour 2006.
2. Gemini is the second song and it''s new. My fellow artist Tebo hooked me up with some production instruments right after his birthday in Gemini so I named the first beat I made with these sounds Gemini. Lyrics were written with all the geminis I knew in mind at the time.
3. Work That Mic To Death is classic J. Brown ish from way back when...am I dating myself ..ha ha. Anyway I played around with the eq to try to make it sound up to date. but it was probably made before you were born. Just a song about working the microphone like a true emcee should.
4. It''s the Hyphy Baby: It''s like I''m Bay Area 20 plus years so I gotta bring my hyph my own way and give respects to those in the movement that move or moved me. I shout to Mac Dre at the end of this. I could relate to some of his actions.
5. Next Time: Lil A rips this track and Devino definitely adds spice. The song or at least my verse was about when I went to the "Wake Up Show" with Sway and Tech in L.A. and there was like a room full of mc''s. They let us all freestyle but my punk ass drew a blank and I couldn''t think or say anything. I was so disappointed in myself that I vowed if there is ever a next time. I''m a go for mine.
6. World Renown - May have started this in OTR studio with Cookie Marenco but I''m not sure which version made it on the cd. Anyway the song is about being world renown. It''s just exciting to get feedback and here people all over the world like your songs and are influenced by you. It''s very intriguing that people actually follow my life and lyrics. I guess I better step my game up.
7. Mark Brown (What You Want) - dam a typo on my cover... shoo, Oh well I''ll correct it next batch. This song is about my middle brother who passed in 2001. The music is trying to be like those Alfred Hitchcock sounding stuff. But I keep the hip hop vibes and the kind of guitar sounds my bro used to wake me up to. Yeah that 6ft by 6ft room we shared didn''t block much sound from one side of the room to the other ..ha ha.
8. Rollin with the Jubscouts - Mystike came through one day and we knocked this song out and The Treadmill from one of the other albums. These were both his ideas. This one was just him paying respect to me. It''s kinda touching when you think about it. I''m a lil older than him so I kinda got to see him mature in this hip hop game over the years. I think he''s a stand up comedian now. I''ve been around him too long he''s not funny to me... ha ha. Now I''m funny!
9. Super Party (inst) - I''ve been trying to push this song on an album for the longest. It finally made it here. Trying to make a house beat but I don''t really listen to house so I''m probably kinda phony. I''m probably the Vanilla Ice of House...oops just kidding, I don''t have anything against dude.
10. There it is: A song about a feud with some former neighbors. I was about to lose it and burn their house down. Fortunately for me I sold my house before anyone got hurt...whew I''ve got to learn to calm my temper.
11. Don''t Let It - Originally appeared on the "Bass Way 1988" Lp with a few other tracks. Actually was my first song to get played on Bay Area commercial radio. Dj Hollywood played it on the "make it or break it show" . A lot of people said to make it. One stupid bitch called and said the song got her down. If I could just take a hammer to her ass I''d feel great. Anyway the song features Constance who keeps complaining that she didn''t get any money from it. I haven''t either...so yall buy this on digital or this album so I can get her a hamburger or food stamps...ha ha. Just playing but it would be nice to compensate her something. I''m just a poor starving artist...hook a brother up!
12. Bass Wave - This song was made around 1986 and only was released on cassette tape. This isn''t even the first version of it. I may find the first version. But the song is a playoff of the name of my record company, Bass Way Records which means the Brothers Are Self Sufficient We Are Yet. And we''re making a self-sufficient wave across the nation. So every time I mention the word bass in any song I''m referring to this state of self-sufficiency.
13. Bass Creator Reprise- pay attention to the above sentence about the word Bass. This is the reprise to my first solo 12" release Bass Creator under the Nation Def Grooves. This version was also on the Bass Way 1988 lp.
14. Money- This was your boy Rich D''s idea. I produced the beat and we were pretty much parodying Lauren Hills song Bad Things or whatever she was warning girls about. So we thought we''d warn the fellas. Rich D at his comical self. J. Brown still kicking straight forward lyrics over bouncin production.
15. Ultra Sick & Twisted Mc - I don''t quite remember what inspired this song. I think it was from reading the little comics that came on calendars where the deer grabs the gun and shoots the hunter. I wanna say Larson, but I''m not for sure. But it was a twisted comedian. I picked the the drum sounds from Goodie Mob - Get Rich inspiration. My stupid drum machine wasn''t working so I had to tap the damn beat out by hand back then. That''s why is sounds like it needs quantization or something. Oh well that''s how we starvin artist had to do back then. I still like the song.
16. The Love of God - What can you say, I grew up in the Bible belt. I made this in 1988. funny my girlfriend at the time was Atheist and I broke up with her for that. What a dumbass. Oh well. The game often changes when you figure out the answers. Not sure if I believe all the things I wrote then now. But I do believe in God so it''s got some solid truthful good in it.
17. Love Yourself - Wow this song is old. Got my friend Constance on the track and I spit a line. Her feeling was that you got to love yourself before anyone else could love you. I forget who''s idea that was. Probably hers. I never had to convince myself to love myself I was born narcistic. Anyway the idea that was mine for sure was the intro and end where she says. "You can''t hide from the truth...The truth is hidden from you" That''s something I believe is real to me.
18. The Groover - has to be around 1987-1988 I was getting a Dean''s Service award from Stanford University for my involvement in Epassa. I remember one of my students scolding me for the line about Alameda beach. That was the spot for checking all the ladies back then. But you know they closed it because too many Black people were having fun. Just too many Negroes in one spot for the city of Alameda. Now private beach...how selfish....
19. Going Home - This track was produced by Tom a friend of Dopestyle who now lives in Japan and goes by Dopestyle 1231 or something. Dopestyle rips the first verse I and just flow over the rest of the song. Tom didn''t like this version and remixed another version. I think he cut me out of the final version he did. But anyway just like a parent to a child I can''t let a song I did just lay by the wayside. So I release it here for my fans and supporting family and friends.
Super Sport - Super = Above as in Super Script. Sport means to take things in stride like a good sport. I''m a super sport. Like them cars on the back cover. The bmw is mine and I''m throwin Lamborghini doors on it ... old school or not.
Johnny Afro and I''m out: Blog Super Sport - Old School Hip Hop
Lucky, charma, saggitarius, phat ass, google, coca cola, starbucks, 50 cent, Wild style, Super, Starski & Hutch, Michael Jackson, Doobie Brothers, Carmen Diaz, Britney Spears, Soul Train, Funk, Eminem, Dr. Dre, Snoop, tupac, Big, ascap, bmi, hungry hunter, abstract, rule, slick rick, rick james, show down, KC and the Sunshine Band