MP3 Ed Sheeran - Songs of Life & Hope
The album has different styles of music. There is a protest song (Dice), a stadium rock song (Stand), an up-tempo party song, a folk rock song (Roots), a love song that''s soulful (Your Hand), a gospel style song (I Turn To You).
10 MP3 Songs
ROCK: Classic Rock, FOLK: Power-folk
About Eddie Sheeran and the Album “Songs of Life and Hope
Eddie Sheeran was born in Liverpool into an Irish family. After being affected by thalidomide both thumbs and right leg were removed before his first birthday. However he has never let his disability get in the way of living a full life. Won the Merseyside Schools Squash competition; scuba dived; played snooker to a high standard, as well as graduating as a doctor. Worked many years in E.R. In fact he has been too active as he feels that most of his joints need replacing.
Eddie’s first love has always been music, performing at the drop of a hat or a drop of the “good stuff”! Therefore the release of this album: “Songs of Life and Hope”. Savor and enjoy. If you do not like the CD you will be fully refunded>
Where the tracks are coming from:
1. Dice Hits The Ground: You are going to have to figure that one out for yourself! It''s a protest song.
2. Too Hot To Handle: Written in Dublin before coming to California to record the rest of the music. I was having a hard time in Dublin with all the dampness on my arthritis.
3. On This Side Of A Dream: A love song. No, I will not tell you her name! However a bottle of Champagne to the first person who figures out where the lady''s name appears!
4. Party To The Son/Sun: This dance song is based on an old Irish Rebel Song. Mainly the rhythm although speeded up. My version of turning swords into ploughshares.
5. Stand For You: This song is about Democracy and the Red White & Blue.
6. Your Hand In Mine: A love song but the lady is not there so it’s a little bluesy. The first song I wrote in California.
7. Roots and Wings: A folk song about life. To know where you are going, you got to know where you come from. The title was taken from a Woody Guthrie quote I saw on the BBC. I thought it was a great line so I wrote a song around it. It also is a song about balance, Ying & Yang or Icarus & Daedalus.
8. Back To Stay: I did not mean to write about Sept 11th. A song about loss of which I’ve a little experience. My father pass not long before writing this song.
9. I Turn To You: A gospel style song about to whom you turn to when times are hard. Your God, your wife, a spiritual or religious guide or a good friend.
10. Why Can’t It Be: A song for peace. A yearning song. The song of Hope.
Eddie is working on his next album hopefully finished before the year is out.