MP3 Aguafuego - ROCK: Folk Rock
Aguafuego brings a world mix of sounds that make a tapestry for the well-timed lyrics and tempting melodies of singer/songwriter/instrumentalist JBeatz. A mix of folk, shake reggae, hip hop, definitive latin musics.
13 MP3 Songs
ROCK: Folk Rock, FOLK: Political
Aguafuego, the brainchild of JBeatz, is an evolving coming together of unique combinations of musicians to interpret her music. This songwriter/lyricist/singer and instrumentalist is dedicated to developing a new sound, rooted not only in her South-American heritage, but also encompassing her background in definitive reggae, shake jazz, world, hip hop and folk music.
Original songs in Spanish and in English, Aguafuego brings a world mix of sounds that make a soulful blend, a tapestry for the well-timed lyrics and tempting melodies of JBeatz. She challenges the listener to pay attention to universal human rights issues and to make the world connections that bring us together as family on this planet.
JBeatz: Main singer, songwriter, flutist, pianist, producer, engineer.
Oaxerai: Hip Hop emcee, electronic track producer, engineer.
JBeatz combines Natalie Merchant"s rich vocals, the powerful lyrics of Bob Marley, and the soul of Gil Scot-Heron.
Caetano Veloso, Gilberto Gil, Bob Marley, Eva Ayllon, Annie Haslam
* Guardians of the Land - AWOL Magazine first compilation disc vol. 1, track 10 (Philadelphia/USA).
* CD "Aguafuego" released under Sacred Round label (Philadelphia, PA/USA).
* Oaxtree CD "Graffik Politix" released under Sacred Round label (Philadelphia, PA/USA).
* The Delicious Life Orchestra Compilation released by Sacred Round and SDC Posse. (Italy/USA).
* Songs from Ya' Never Know CD - The Disciples of Discipline. (Philadelphia, PA).
As a vocalist and wind player for various groups, she has performed at numerous festivals, museums, universities and music venues since 1984 including the Turk's Head Music and Arts Festival, Make It A Night Wednesday Series at The Philadelphia Museum of Art, Penn's Landing, Make It A Night in Wilmington Delaware and The Philadelphia Fringe Festival. She has performed internationally at Festival de Verano in Cantabria Spain and most recently with an international group of Italian and North American musicians in Italy forming The Delicious Life Orchestra in Bologna, Italy. JBeatz maked "Women in Eclectic Music" Series and has produced shows in Philadelphia, PA and is producing shows in South Orange, NJ.
One of Top Twenty CDs of 2003 selected by Collected Sounds: A Guide to Women in Music. (web site)
* Selected as featured artist for airplay in a community radio project, part of a collaborative effort with Radio Netherlands and a network of radio stations throughout Costa Rica.
* Featured Artist on Best Female https://www.tradebit.com. https://www.tradebit.com.
* Voices and Visions (web site)
* Works in Progress, the magazine from The Philadelphia Folklore Project. Volume 17:1/2 Summer/Fall 2003. Special Issue- Women's Music Project. esta en mis venas: Three Latina Musicians by Elizabeth Sayre.
* Collected Sounds web site. Amy Lotsberg- reviewer.
What Others Are Saying:
"....Another highlight is the folksy yet funky guitar riffs of Voices Of Protest. JBeatz(sp) turns in an impassioned performance with her melodic contributions. Because of its understated tone, I think producers would have a field day will all kinds of remixes as there's so much room left for additional layers of beats and things of that nature...."
(Philly Hip https://www.tradebit.com Review Archives 2002)
"Troubled Child" is a hip-hop tune with rap vocals as well as JBeatz smooth sounds flowing over the top. This one's got a lot of style.
"Guardians of the Land" shows off her flute playing as well as Aguafuego's knack for reggae/rock.
"Amenesco" and "Woman Stand Strong" might be my favorite tracks here as they both have great melodies line that will stick with you...and the latter has a nice piano line.
(Collected https://www.tradebit.com- Amy Lotsberg)
... The album "Aguafuego" is gaining popularity here on Costa Rican community radio, especially the songs sung in spanish such as "No Tengo Razon."
(https://www.tradebit.com; Bruce Callow, Director)