MP3 Breck Alan - Kissing Rockstars LP
An expressive musician with a huge vocalize Swagger worked up pop that makes you smile and trip the light fantastic toe and everything inbetween.
12 MP3 Songs
ROCK: Acoustic POP: Quirky
Kissing Rockstars LP Songs
Breck Alan is a fertile songwriter. His songwriting and performance talents have garnered much music industry attention including a demo recording deal with Capitol Records and much credit and attention from several other major label producers. Breck has performed from Coast to Coast sleeping in the van and on friendly couches. Breck's latest self release "Kissing Rockstars" has recieved airplay on over 90 college and several AAA radio stations nationaly.
Swagger, fun boy that can kick it out solo or with a band.
Breck Alan once hopped in his van and played gigs from one end of the U.S. to the other. "That was a damned long drive," he was reported to have said afterwards.
"I currently tour solo but love playing in a band. Even as a soloist I play a lot of clubs and big stages usually dedicated to bands."
Breck has also written a series of vocal instruction books titled "The Art of Body Singing," available through https://www.tradebit.com and many music and book stores nationally.
Breck Alan has a Golden Voice Chairman of Atlantic Records
Reviewed by DJ Johnson Cosmic Debris 03/01
Breck Alan's Kissing Rock Stars, creates such a wonderful world of sound, imagery and atmosphere that I come out the other end so thoroughly satisfied I feel like I should light up a cigarette. It seems our Mr. Breck has a bit of range.
Breck Alan writes songs that make girls cry Chandra Dickson
Breck Alan is a really talented lyricist. Clever, intelligent and entertaining. Spendid E-Zine
Fresh and original lyrics Boulder Weekly
Breck Alan is decidedly a pop singer/songwriter who's gift for creating sincere music shows great promise for commercial airplay. Indie https://www.tradebit.com
Alan is a truly gifted and one of a kind songwriter. Netchord 2000
Alan makes a strong case as both a songwriter and musician, and proves he is supposed to be a paradox in the present-day world of custom-molded music. The Daily Vault
Alan's music is accessible and feel-good enough to garner even drive-time radio play. Fortunately, he's talented, and fun, which should reduce the saccharine levels at the stations he seems destined for. Westword Magazine
April Boyle, Northeast Performer:
Breck Alan has you laughing one moment and absorbed by the intrinsic beauty of his songs the next.
Alan sings with such ease, that it's almost easy to forget the talent required to conjure up his characteristic voices.
Alan has a knack of drawing listeners in and getting them to identify with his songs.
* Scott Arbough - KBCO FM, Boulder CO: "Breck alan's songs are sung with a conviction often absent in today's music."
* Sasha Sessums - The Black Cat, Austin TX: "With my vast experience in the live music industry, I can tell you that Breck Alan's level of talent is rarely matched and his style is entirely original
* Don Darue - KTHX Reno NV: "The first time I heard Breck Alan's music, I knew the songs were written for me. Breck has the passion missing from the bulk of music on the radio...and judging by the response from the listeners, a lot of people are hungry for music from the heart."
* David Oberman - KUT Austin, TX: "Where the poet meets the drummer, when the songwriter turns to a trip the light fantastic toer, you'll find Breck Alan."
* Neil Fatan - The Bluebird Café, Nashville TN: "Great guitar work and an excellent stage presence."
* The Quivering Grind
* Icarus Dickarus Dock
* Whispering, Laughs and Moans (Spoken Word)
* Why Can't I
* Kissing Rockstars
* a collection of Jazz Standards.
* Skinny little Moonbeam (acoustic murmurs)
Other Recording Projects:
* The music to a children's play: "A Spell on Oulbred Forest"
* Independent T.V. Pilot Soundtrack: "The Tenth Scorpion"
* A spoken word project: Whispering laughs and Moans
* The London Project (unreleased full length recording)
* Dreams Without Machines. (unreleased full length recording)
* Film Score to Boston University Graduate Film Project: Goddard Street
* A vocal instruction book with accompanying recordings: The Art of Bodysinging Volumes 1-4. See https://www.tradebit.com.
* Kissing Rockstars is currently in rotation on 72 college stations around the country, including 23 CMJ rated 4 and 5 stations.
* One More Day and A man and His Beautiful Wife (from Kissing Rockstars) were just added into rotation on MP3's two new syndicated radio shows.
* Subsequent airplay on joe's Blue Plate Special on 250 college stations
* Breck Alan is highest selling artist on https://www.tradebit.com
* finalist in the Independent Music Awards hosted by the Musicians Atlas
Like most original artists I like playing one long powerful set complete with encores and roses. In that setting I play 90% original songs with a cover or two for fun. In other instances where I'm playing two or three sets over a long night I mix it up quite a bit. My covers vary from classic rock to alt rock, old to new, R&B to Jazz, surf to delta blues. I like a wide range of music.
Currently all I need are two direct boxes and a microphone