MP3 Steve Osheyack - Crossroads For Peace
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
17 MP3 Songs
FOLK: Modern Folk, COUNTRY: Country Folk
Osheyack whoâ¦.AGAIN? Well, just because you didnât hear him on his first record release on Newbraugh Brothers Music, entitled âBlink of an Eyeâ doesnât mean you should pass up this excellent follow-up project called, âCrossroads For Peace.â Osheyack is an acoustic, singer-songwriter with a gift for burning lyrical holes right into the guts of living. Music composition has always been a way for Osheyack to keep the demons from pulling him under and this collection of songs chronicles Osheyackâs journey to the mysterious âcrossroadsâ made famous by bluesman, Robert Johnson. âEvery artist has taken a journey thereâ, Osheyack states, âsome havenât come back to tell about it and still others just threw in the towel, rather than face the beast.â Osheyack pauses, then smiles defiantly and says, âOf course, it should be known that the beast is within us, and itsâ up to us to smokeâem out, so we can keep moving on down the road, without the drag of a bunch of baggage from the past.â This collection of songs was written during Osheyackâs tenuous journey to the crossroads and his triumphant return, with a little help from friends and family. Osheyack says, âOf course, thatâs what it is all about in the final chapterâ¦connections. No amount of money will buy you peace of mind, and more often than not, money will just make it worse, if youâre not prepared for the unforgiving lessons that the crossroads will throw in your path, as you come face to face with yourself.â So sit back and listen carefully as Osheyack leads you to the edge of his crossroads, which may just intersect with yours.
More than anything, I want my kids to see me chase a dream down and I want the music to be part of their memories and available to them later in life and also to their childrenâ¦.success or not. I want them to know how important it is to find something they like to do, in their spare time and ferociously go after it. By example, I want them to see me push past and through rejection and all the insecurities that come with putting a little bit of your soul out on the chopping block, which in and of itself, is all part of the crossroads for peace.
Hereâs a run-down of the songs:
1. Crossroads For Peace - Wowâ¦this song was a gift to me. It was written and recorded in a very short time frame. I wrote it on the eve of my awakening, if that makes sense. I had a lot of crap in my past, as most people do. A lot of baggage I was getting ready to cut loose and I was preparing to do so. This song set the scene for all of the songs that came after that.
2. Ainât No Place To Be - A powerful song in and of itself. I wrote it for a friend who was going through a divorce from his childhood sweetheart after 20 + years of marriage. I put myself in his shoes and thought how it would feelâ¦how lonely it must be. There is a happy ending though. He did end up allowing himself to fall in love again and getting married.
3. Woman of Flames - One of the very first songs I ever wrote. I wrote it a good 20 years ago when my Wife and I were on the front end of having children. I think it captures the simplicity of love, commitment and the journey.
4. Rumour Mill - A story song. God, how I hate gossip! This song was my way of going after those people who spread lies and isolating a snapshot of what happens if a lie gets out of hand.
5. The Forgiveness Song - Part of the whole Crossroads theme for me was realizing that personal responsibility means forgiving people in my past and realizing that I am not perfect, nor should I expect perfection from anyone else. Weâre all on the same journey and all liable to make mistakes. Forgiveness is a huge requirement when cutting the bags loose on the road of life.
6. Going Down - A blues song. Simple direct. I think this song marks the entrance into the crossroads, but me as the writer makes it clear that Iâm looking for something more than a âdead manâs sight.â
7. Fortress - This song is me looking back at me and how I got to be me. Never really felt like I fit. Always thought I was born at the wrong time and in the wrong place. On the outside looking in. This song kind of defines how I turned that insecurity into a strength that worked for me.
8. Damaged Goods - Almost left this song out, but I just couldnât, because it fits into the whole Crossroads theme. I personally love this song. I wrote it looking back at my whole experience working as a parole officer within the criminal justice system and all the sad stories I would hear. Itâs very easy to forget that people in trouble with the law and who ended up on the ragged edge of life, all started with the same chance, but ended up taking a detour on the crossroads. I recorded this song envisioning a couple of guys with guitars sitting outside on a warm summer day with a few beers between them belting out this song. Almost left it out, because in order to get the sound right, I had to minimize the second vocal, which you can still hear in the background. After I was done with the whole project, I realized that this imperfection is actually part of the songâs whole theme and just had to be included because it was part of the Crossroads.
9. When The Whip Comes Down - A blues songâ¦running straight at you. Itsâ a song about facing truth regardless of the consequences.
10. Happy Days N Hard Luck Tales - This is my one and only Christmas song! I wrote several Xmasâs ago after a weary day of opening presents, putting toys together, drinking hot chocolate and looking at old family pictures. Iâm a pretty lucky guy is all I can say.
11. Double Secret Remedy - A song about a guy looking back at his youth and looking at the way he was raising his own kids and wondering out loud if he was making the same mistakesâ¦itsâ just hard to know.
12. Genuine Boy Scout - We were living in this suburban community and I was watching this guy living nearby in the way he was raising his kid. It was very disturbing how he would expect him to be so grown up at such a young age. The kid grew up being very resentful and full of angerâ¦just another detour on the crossroads.
13. Mind Game Show - When my 15 year old son was in second grade, the school district we were living in, started doing the âADHD Stompâ trying to convince us that the only way for him to be ânormalâ was to be medicated. I was angry at the system that seeks to medicate these kids and wondered how many kids get lost along the way because they had no one to advocate for them. My son, Matthew ended up being home-schooled and is the one who created the original design for the Crossroads cover. A very smart creative kid. It is a very scary decision to home-school, but it was even scarier to leave him in the system, because he was getting chewed up. It took several years to undo some of the damage done to him, but he is doing wonderfully. I donât have anything against the school system in general. For some kids it works and for others - it simply does not.
14. Glitter In My Eye - Iâve got four boysâ¦17, 15, 13 and 10. Then I have a little girl named Taylor who will soon be 9 years old. I wrote this song for her, so she has it as her memory of me. Always thought how nice it would be for her to be able to play this song on her wedding day.
15. Finger On The Trigger - This is a story song about not giving up and staying on the crossroads until you find the right path that leads to the way out.
16. Wrecking Ball - A good friend of mine was battling depression and tried to commit suicide and ended up in the psychiatric ward, while he was hanging out on the corner of his own crossroads. I got a phone call about what happened, hung up the phone and wrote this song. This is what that moment produced.
17. Soul Searcher - This is one of my Wifeâs favorite songs. Itâs very simple and direct, but I think itsâ the way that this collection is supposed to end. The message being that the crossroads and the keys to it lie within usâ¦âthe last place that I searched, probably should have been the first.â
Well there you have itâ¦A full blow by blow description of each song.
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 1241008)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!