MP3 Sonoran Desert Chorale - Common Threads: Songs of the U.S. and Canada
Enjoy this collection of songs from the heartland of the U.S. and Canada. Your heart will be touched by the stories of home, land, and sea, love and life. Follow the Gold Rush or yearn for beloved friends and places.
16 MP3 Songs in this album (60:16) !
Related styles: Folk: Traditional Folk, Classical: Choral Music, Type: Vocal
People who are interested in
should consider this download.
On January 15, 1994, a group of diverse community members were brought together by Jeff Harris with the hope of realizing his dream of forming a premier community choir in the Phoenix-Metropolitan area. The energy and excitement of this group led to the founding of the Sonoran Desert Chorale, with its inaugural concerts on October 29, 1994. This now highly regarded and artistically sophisticated choral organization performs music spanning time from the ancient folk music of Mongolia to the premier of modern compositions such as Prelude to Glory by Russell Wilson. The Chorale performs a repertoire meant to demonstrate that music is a language that transcends our differences and accentuates our commonality.
* Regularly performs four concert series each season in Mesa and Paradise Valley
* Concerts have included collaborative performances with native dancers, storytellers, poets, graphic artists, jewelers and quilters.
* Guest performances by the Phoenix Children’s Chorus, Southwest Brass, and The Mesa Caledonian Pipe Band to name just a few.
* Invited to perform with composer and performer Kurt Bestor as well as Michael Buble
* Invited to perform with Michael Crawford at the inaugural concert of the Mesa Arts Center
* Performed by invitation at the Western Division Conference of the American Choral Directors Association
* Appeared at the National Convention of the Music Educators National Conference
* International tours including
o St. Mark’s Basilica in Venice, Italy
o Salzburg Cathedral in Salzburg, Austria
o St. Vitas Cathedral in Prague, Czech Republic
The mission of the Sonoran Desert Chorale is to celebrate the art of choral music by providing meaningful experiences for musicians and audience members.