MP3 Troubadours - Danzas Urbanas
An eclectic blend of world beat, flamenco, jazz, rock and classical music performed on 2 classical guitars, electric bass and percussion.
12 MP3 Songs
WORLD: Flamenco, WORLD: World Beat
The Troubadours is an eclectic Detroit based music group focusing on original compositions and arrangements. The ensemble draws on a variety of influences including worldbeat, rock, classical, jazz and flamenco to form its own unique musical statement. Danzas Urbanas is the group''s second recording which consists of nine original works, two classical guitar duets and an arrangement of a Cuban "son" made popular by the Buena Vista Social Club.
The Group was formed as a classical guitar duet while Mike and Dave were studying at Wayne State University. They had early success winning the University''s Concerto Competition and performed in Canada and England before finishing their Masters Degrees in classical guitar performance. As the duo began expanding their repertoire by adding original compositions and arrangements, they brought on Sean and Jason to enhance their burgeoning sound. The new direction allowed the group to exploit ethnic and traditional rhythms, creating a full backdrop for the classical guitars.
Troubadours self-titled debut CD was released in 2001 and it captures the group in transition with the duo featured through most of the recording. The group released their second CD Danzas Urbanas in 2004 and this collection focuses more on original compositions and brings together qualities of the many genres that influence the group. They have continued performing live throughout the Detroit area at clubs, festivals and private engagements entertaining fans of all ages. Troubadours have begun pre-production on a third CD which they hope to have ready in Spring of 2006.
Some highlights of Troubadours career:
* chosen by Billboard Magazine publishers as finalists in Disc Makers 2005 Independent Music World Series Midwest, performing at Chicago''s Elbo Room
* annual appearances at Pontiac''s Arts, Beats, and Eats
* annual appearances at Plymouth''s Music in the Air Summer Concert Series
* 2005 Farmington Founder''s Festival
* 2005 Taylor Art in the Park
* released 2nd album Danzas Urbanas to a sold out Ford Performing Arts Center in Dearborn
* worked with Detroit 300 Conservancy in celebrating Detroit''s ethnic diversity for the city''s tri-centennial celebration at Hart Plaza as well as performing at the new Campus Martius Park
* chosen by Metro Times to promote their annual Hamtramck Blowout on Detroit Fox 2''s morning show
* appearances at Metro Times Hamtramck Blowout and Decadence Festival
* appearances on WDET 101.9''s Ralph Valdez and WTVS channel 56 (public broadcasting) Backstage Pass programs
* released self-titled debut CD at Ann Arbor''s Kerrytown Concert House.