MP3 Erin McNamee - Whores & Fishermen
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
14 MP3 Songs in this album (58:35) !
Related styles: Folk: Celtic Folk, World: Celtic, Type: Acoustic
People who are interested in Feist Neko Case SInead O’Connor should consider this download.
1. Siúil a Rúin - trad. Irish/ Arr. by Erin McNamee. Arr. © 1998. All Rights Reserved. Irish Gaelic/ translation:
Siúil, siúil, siúil a rúin Go, go, go my love
Siúil go sochair agus siúil go ciúin Go quietly and peacefully
Siúil go doras agus ealaigh liom Go to the door and flee with me
âIs go dtí tú mo mhuirnín slánâ- is the authentic ending line in the chorus. In my version, it is replaced with âPeaceful journey to the rising sun.â
2. Headed South - words & music by Scott Stamnes. © 1997. Used with Permission. All Rights Reserved.
This song was written by Scott and recorded on an old Playskool tape recorder while he was on board the Chichagof, his family's fishing tender while in the water somewhere between Seattle and Alaska. Scott was a beloved friend who influenced and encouraged me in my teenage years as a songwriter. After his untimely death in December of 2000, the tape was found in Scottâs belongings. His Father, Captân Mike, gave me a copy to learn the songs to honor his memory. This CD is dedicated to Scott, my favorite Fisherman... R.I.P.
3. Loveâs Dream - words & music by Erin McNamee. © 2003. All Rights Reserved.
I wrote this song for my friend Rachel. She and I met when we were 14. We walked the beach under a full, bright moon and talked of our wildest dreams about being artists. Excerpts from our girlhood poetry appear in this song, as we once promised to look out for each other always.
4. Not For You - words & music by Martin Prlic © 2004. Used with permission. All Rights Reserved.
Martin Prlic is my best friend and a very gifted songwriter. I begged him to let me record âNot for You,â one of my favorite of his songs. He relented after few beers and a mild beating.
5. Elizabeth Hafer - words & music by J.J. Nugent © 1979. Used with permission. All Rights Reserved.
I first heard J.J.'s songs at Camp Gallagher, which is on the waters of Case Inlet, on the Puget Sound in âHomeâ Washington. J.J. worked there several summers and wrote many great songs that are still sung there to this day. âElizabethâ is one about a girl he used to admire when he was a young man.
6. From the Inside - words & music by Erin McNamee © 2006. All Rights Reserved.
This song is my purging of the harshness of coming of age for many young girls, and the sexual abuse that shatters the innocence of so many of them.
7. No Sorrow - words & music by Erin McNamee. © 2006. All Rights Reserved. Banish Misfortune - trad. Irish
I wrote this song for a Irish lad I met in a bar off of Grafton St. in Dublin, my first day in Ireland. It turns out, there was sorrow involved. Banish Misfortune is one of my favorite trad. tunes. It reminds me of happy times spent in Ireland.
8. Someday - words & music by J.J. Nugent. © 1979. Used with permission. All Rights Reserved.
"Someday" is J.J Nugentâs masterpiece and it was one of the first songs I learned on guitar at age 14. It's how I want to live.
9. Loveâs Mystery - words & music by Erin McNamee © 2001. All Rights Reserved.
I wrote this song in music school at Cornish when I was listening to a lot of Kurt Weil, Nina Simone and Billy Holiday. At the time, I was playing Jenny Diver in ThreePenny Opera. This song just kind of appeared for me one day.
10. Lovers - words & music by Adrian Mannering. © 2006 All Rights Reserved.
I used to sing every week at an open mic in Seattle at the Globe Cafe, when I was 17. Its was there I met Nick Weber, Poet Warrior and Vietnam Vet. He showed me this song "Lovers" from an Irish song book... describing it as one of the most beautiful songs he'd ever heard. My CD title, "Whore's and Fishermen" came from a conversation I had with Nick back then about growing up Catholic. He said, "People just don't get it... Jesus hung around with whores and fishermen." 10 years later, that became the perfect title for my CD.
11. Dream a Little Dream of Me - lyrics by Gus Kahn, music by Fabian Andre & Wilbur Schwandt © 1931. All Rights Reserved.
I heard "Mama Cass" Elliot sing this when I was a little girl, listening to the AM radio, riding in the car with my Mother. She sang along and it was one of the rare times I heard my Mama sing. After that, I thought this song was the best thing ever.
12. Beside the Sea - words & music by Damien Dempsey. Northside songs administered by Bug Music. All Rights Reserved.
Damien is a friend and someone whose songs I greatly admire. Heâs been a major creative muse for me over the years. This song is one of my favorites from his first album, "They Don't Teach this Shit in School."
13. 1917 (The French Prostitute) - words & music by David Olney © 1999. Used with permission. All rights Reserved.
David Olney captured a snapshot of history that my imagination wanders to often. And for an album called "Whores and Fishermen," I just couldn't resist.
14. The Grey Funnel Line - words & music by Cyril Tawney © 1959 Used with permission. All Rights Reserved.
The "Grey Funnel Line" being the sailors' nickname for the Royal Navy... named as if it were another mercantile line. Cyril Tawney wrote this song about a soldier who is fed up with the service and wants to come home.
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Project Management For Musicians: Recordings, Concerts, Tours, Studios, And More - Jonathan Feist
Mp3 The Apologetics - Swimming Upstream In A Lifetime Of River
Mp3 Robyn Dell'unto - Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah
Mp3 Kelly And The Ruths - Hang Onto The Good
Mp3 Tamara Beatty - February Bloom
Mp3 Heather Renee - Song A Week- Vol 1
Mp3 Kate Duffy - Precious Spaces
Mp3 Indygyrl - Indygyrl
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!