MP3 Frank Bango - The Unstudied Sea
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
12 MP3 Songs
POP: 60's Pop, POP: Power Pop
10 Facts about Frank:
1) His last name is Bango.
2) He is officially from New York City, although originally from somewhere quite different.
3) He is a musician of some note, a singer of a few other notes and a songwriter with something new in his notebook.
4) He is about to release a new album entitled "The Unstudied Sea." The 12 songs featured were written under water, remembered over drinks and recorded somewhere in between. The music is sad and beautiful and to quote an old sea diver's valentine -" if there is a lighthouse out there anywhere, let it light the way to your own true love." The CD will be released by the Sincere Recording Company on July 17.
5) In the grand tradition of Bacharach & David, Goffin & King, Rodgers & Hart and Leopold & Loeb, Frank has a songwriting partner by the name of Richy Vesecky. Together they combine a classic Brill building aesthetic with a very unique and personal vision. Ignoring the current trend of production-driven mall noise, Bango & Vesecky are aiming directly at the great American songbook.
6) He has previously released 2 albums - the criminally ignored "I Set Myself on Fire Today" and the critically acclaimed "Fugitive Girls." Both feature the kind of pop craftsmanship that is usually attributed to a beautiful bygone era. If you are of a mind to allow critics to have their say, here's what some have said -
"It's difficult to think of a stronger current day writing partnership than
Bango and lyricist Richy Vesecky (maybe Bacharach & Costello
come close)." -Bucket Full of Brains
"Craftsmanship is alive and well, meticulously executed in the
pop realm by Frank Bango" -Time Out New York
"A minor pop masterpiece...." -The Lowell Sun
"Not your typical modern-day songwriter, Bango's classically structured pop songs
spur melodies reminiscent of 60's girl groups and the heyday of the pop world."
7) Frank has a tendency to perform live with a band of esoteric pop adventurers collectively known as the Magic Fingers. Individually or on dry land they will answer to the names of Matt Azzarto - bass, Ray Nissen - guitar, Paul Moscella - drums. When mixed with water they will create a tidal wave of glorious, musical bliss. Female audience members have been known to hold their breath through entire sets. All this and a dress code, too.
8) Frank was once taken to lunch by 1960s bubblegum kings Kasenetz & Katz, managed to guitar-tech for Ray Davies at Carnegie Hall and is currently auctioning Tom Verlaine's guitar on Ebay to pay for his next recording. Therefore, his major celebrity status cannot be questioned.
9) Frank Counts as his major influences: Preston Sturges, Alan Watts, David Lynch,
The Beatles, Bjork, Swami Rama, Dr Rudolf Balentine, The Zombies, Tom Waites, Elvis Costello, The Toys , the Beach Boys and Charlie Rich. If you know who any of these people are, then you owe it not only to yourself but also to them to know who Frank is (and vice versa).
10) Frank currently owns no tropical fish.
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 137446)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!