MP3 Ball in the House - Think About It
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
6 MP3 Songs
URBAN/R&B: R&B Pop Crossover, POP: Today's Top 40
Ball in the House is a tour de force of vocal sound that must be heard and seen to be believed. This five-man, pop/R&B "mouth band" hails from Boston, Massachusetts, where they live and operate out of when not touring on the road. Originally formed as a quartet by founder and current vocal percussionist Jon J., Ball in the House has gone through numerous phases and changes on its way to becoming one of the best-known and most-loved acts in the a cappella community today.
Like many bands, Ball in the House started out part-time, meeting a couple times each week to rehearse and then gigging wherever and whenever they could. Early performances were limited to coffee houses and other similar, small venues; but over time their vocal music reached out to and found Boston audiences. People began to embrace the energy and style of the band.
Over the course of that next year, Ball in the House expanded by two more singers, bringing the total to five members. That decision resulted in the single most influential and important development in the history of the band. With the group's larger size, a vocal rhythm section materialized when Jon J. put his singing on hold to begin learning a complex series of vocal percussive beatbox sounds, becoming a "human drum machine" that continues to dumbfound audiences today. The true sounds of Ball in the House were beginning to emerge.
Then, in 1997, another pillar of Ball in the House's unique and incredible sound came into the picture. Jon J., who at one time attended the Boston Boy's Choir School, ran into an old friend from those younger days and asked him about joining the band. Dave, fifth grade friend of Jon J. and current tenor, came on board and Ball in the House decided it was time to take their combined talents to the next level and become a professional, full-time band. 1997 and 1998 were highlighted by performances at the Apollo Theater in New York, SUNFEST in West Palm Beach, Florida (opening for Paula Cole), and the winning of the 1998 National Harmony Sweepstakes - New England Region.
Sometimes the longer journey is more worth traveling and Ball in the House has certainly traveled far. It has been a bumpy road, at times, for the band. After having stable membership and great success for three years, the tragedy of September 11, 2001 occurred. Shortly thereafter, a few long-time members of BitH made decisions to pursue other interests. Jon J. and Dave remained, still believing in their music and still loving performing together. They intended to rebuild Ball in the House, better than it had ever been before. They succeeded. After exhaustive nationwide auditions, Ball in the House improved exponentially by adding Aaron in early 2002 and then Dan and Tim throughout 2003, at the same time becoming a five-man group. Ball in the House had reinvented itself and transformed into something truly special, onstage and off.
From those humble roots - two childhood friends who loved singing and shared a dream to live a life of performance - came what has grown into Ball in the House. five guys. five mouths. And a sound unlike anything you've heard before. Ball in the House is dedicated to bringing their distinctive style of pop/R&B to as many people as they can reach, from Boston to L.A., Singapore to New York, and everywhere in between, opening for and performing with acts such as Cher, 98°, Jessica Simpson, Blondie, Smokey Robinson, The Temptations, and numerous others. They can even be heard on national TV and radio as the voice behind the commercials for Cool Whip dessert topping.
A review from the Boston Globe put it very succinctly - "Ball in the House has everything you would expect to find in a successful pop/rock band....the one thing it doesn't have is instruments."
* First radio single, Something I Don't Know, charted 6 consecutive weeks in the Top 100 on the national AC Charts.
* Wrote and recorded national Cool Whip campaign for Kraft Foods. Nineteen campaigns have aired since 2001.
* Live appearances made in 2000-2002 at WXKS Kiss 108 (Boston), WMBX 102.3 (W. Palm Beach), Mix 93.7 (St. Louis), Jam'n 94.5 (Boston), WROR 105.7 (Boston), WLKZ 104.9 (Gilford), WNNH 99.1 (Concord), Radio Disney (Orlando), WHOB (Nashua), and more.
* Recent appearances on KTVI Fox 2 (St. Louis), WPBC ABC 25 (W. Palm Beach), WTTG Fox (Wash, DC), WHDH NBC 7 (Boston), WBZ CBS 4 (Boston), WFXT Fox (Dedham), WHEC NBC 10 (Rochester), WB 56 (Boston), and others.
* Featured headliner on the WBZ Christmas Telethon (Boston) to benefit Boston Children's Hospital
* Two-time featured Performer on the Telethon of Stars in Paducah, KY
"It's a tribute to Boston's Ball in the House that the first thing you marvel at upon hearing its debut is the beauty of the songs - a tasty mélange of classic street-corner soul, funk, and hip-hop - and the remarkable way the band's six voices interlock."
"The guys in Ball in the House don't need instruments to make music. They redefine pop by presenting it a cappella style, with just their voices."
Milva Didomizio, Boston Globe
"They have raised the bar with interlocking voices blended to perfection and have developed a tight show that features their own classic street-corner soul, funk and hip-hop. They're a musical force unto themselves."
B.J. Gage, Neponset Valley Daily News
* Over 45,000 albums sold of first two releases
* Wrote and recorded current, national radio and TV campaign for Cool WhipÂ, Kraft FoodsÂ
* 1st radio single charted 6 consecutive weeks on National AC charts; Hit #27 on May 20, 2002
* Hit the Billboard Northeast Heatseeker's Chart at #8 in July '00 after releasing three-song EP, produced by Peter Bunetta (The Temptations, Smokey Robinson, Bonnie Raitt, Michael Bolton)
* The Way it Has To Be was released by Mako Music/ Warner Brothers records in Summer 2001 in Korea
* Charted for over 16 weeks in Top 5 most requested on Nashua, NH's largest pop station, WHOB 106.3 FM
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 140355)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!