MP3 Randall S. Updegraff - Bless the Lord O My Soul
Feel the power of the Word as lyric tenor, Randall Updegraff interprets some familiar favorites and some soon to be favorite sacred songs; hearing is believing.
16 MP3 Songs
CLASSICAL: Traditional, GOSPEL: Traditional Gospel
NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ON I-TUNES, NAPSTER,& MORE!!!
"Don''t IMpress, EXpress."
While I studied voice at Indiana University I learned an important spiritual lesson that has stuck with me. Learning to sing was often a frustrating struggle, many many times I felt I would never figure it out. I was praying regularly about this. Not asking God to give me a great voice, but just striving to understand His purpose for me and to be guided on the path that was best for my spiritual growth.
Eventually it became clear that that I was too focused on trying to produce an "impressive" sound, like I heard on my favorite recordings and that I needed to strive to simply express God in everything I did and forget about impressing others. (Or even myself!) I simplified it to: "Don''t IMpress, EXpress." This more humble approach brought greater peace and confidence and eventually enabled me to sing with greater ease and control.
Hi! Thanks for checking out my CD!
This collection includes many familiar sacred songs as well as some lesser known works with biblical texts. I wrote the music for track 15-"Feed My Sheep." Other than that, there''s not much I can say, but to encourage you to listen to the tracks and decide for yourself.
Here''s the list of what''s on this CD with the composers names to help more clearly identify the songs:
1. Psalm 23 - The Bird’s Song_________Ralph Vaughn Williams
2. Love is Kind (En Priere)___________Gabriel Faure
3. Psalm 8________________________Isadore Freed
4. Mark the Perfect Man_______________Clement Barker
5. In the End of the Sabbath__________Oley Speaks
6. Thine is the Greatness_____________J. Lamont Galbraith
7. Psalm 103__________________________Cesar Franck
8. Arise, Shine for thy Light is Come___James MacDermid
9. Come to the Waters_________________Luigi Cherubini
10. Fear not ye, O Israel_____________Dudley Buck
11. Bring ye all the Tithes___________James MacDermid
12. Psalm 91__________________________James MacDermid
13. The Lord''s Prayer_________________Albert Hay Malotte
14. For the Mountains Shall Depart______James MacDermid
15. "Feed My Sheep"___________________Randall S. Updegraff
16. Psalm 23 (reprise)________________Ralph Vaughn Williams
I''ve always loved music; my family did a lot of singing, especially on road trips. I started writing songs when I was 12, was in a rock band in high school and early college, got into classical music and started studying voice. My singing career has mostly consisted of singing solos in churches for the past twenty years. (If you have trouble hearing the tracks email me, I''ll be glad to help with tips that helped me.)
God Bless and thank you for stopping by.