90 DOG TRAINING TIPS
General Dog Training Tips
1. Concentrate on what your dog is doing right. Professional dog trainers everywhere tell their students to reward their dogs when they do something right. This positive training method is in contrast to training that centers on punishment. Trainers recommend that owners praise and reward their dogs with treats and affection for good behavior instead of just scolding them for bad behavior.
2. Be proactive and keep your dog from behaving badly in the first place. One of the most important tips that a professional dog trainer will tell his or her students is that good behavior is not just the responsibility of the dog. The owner must make every effort to avoid giving the dog the ability to engage in bad behavior while they are still learning the ropes. For example, if you notice that your dog likes to chew, its important to make sure that everyone in the home puts their shoes behind closed closet doors to remove temptation.
3. Stop saying NO! One of the biggest mistakes that people make when training their dogs is saying NO without giving the dog an explanation of some type. Dogs, much like children, will become confused with a simple command of NO! Heres what you should do instead. If your dog is stealing the cats food, tell him NO and then gently guide him to his own food dish. Or, if your dog is chewing on a table leg tell him NO and give him rawhide or another toy on which he can chew. Once your dog begins to actually use the new behavior, reward him with treats, toys and praise.
4. Learn the difference between boredom and separation anxiety. It is important to determine whether your dog is misbehaving when you leave home because he is bored, or because he is experiencing a case of separation anxiety. Figuring out why your dog is engaging in bad behaviors is usually the quickest way to combat the problem. If boredom seems to be the issue, you can probably keep your dog from destroying your house during alone time by providing him a toy stuffed with treats or something else that will help exercise his mind a little. If separation anxiety is the problem, you will need to learn ways to desensitize your dog to not only your absence, but also your preparing to leave routine.
More Files From This User
- Active Listening
- Abundant Thinking
- 125 Vegetarian Recipes
- 100 Great Weight Loss Tips!
- Achieve Your Dreams
Exercise Physical Aerobic Fitness Training Course Manual
Welding Training Course - 4 Manuals, 1000 Pages
Dentistry Dentist Dental Assistant Training Course Manual
Training Your Dog
Mazda Carburetor Training Manual
52 Dog Training Plr Articles
Dog Training Uncovered - Audio Training (mp3 Format 50+mb)! Articles + Website With Private Label Rights!!
Potty Training Website Template Plr Pack - Toilet Training
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!