MP3 Big Sicks LES - From The Heart
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
15 MP3 Songs
HIP HOP/RAP: Hardcore Rap, HIP HOP/RAP: East Coast
Born August 28, 1976, in Manhattan, N.Y. is where Big Sicks L.E.S. was raised and later adopted his alias.
Big Sicks L.E.S. is the oldest child of five and grew up with them in The Vladecks Housing, located in the Lower East Side of Manhattan.
His mother, of Puerto Rican origin, struggled to provide for her family through several government fundings. His father, of "so called" African American origin, led a street lifestyle similar to that of 70's gangsters of his time.
Growing up in situations as many minorities do today, Big Sicks L.E.S. felt the need to find peace with his reality and he had faith in a change, he found this through his music at the young age of 12 while watching many older MC's around his way.
This was his dream, his reality, his way out, and his faith.
With him and his siblings being separated by the same government that proclaimed to assist his family with their needs, he quickly lost focus of his dream, faith, and hope. His reality was "The Struggle". Relocating with his grandmother of "so called" African American origin, down south is where he lived for four years before returning back to L.E.S. (Lower East Side Manhattan).
THE MUSIC, TIMELINE, AND ACIEVEMENTS:
* 1994: Founding member of the Napalm Bros. Wrote sevral songs, Performed at several talent shows and clubs, Free-styling and paying dues.
* 1996: Big Sicks L.E.S. worked with a group called Who's That. Made a single on vinyl for promo only that proved to be successful on the college circuit and radio. Big Sicks L.E.S performed solo at the Robert Treat Travel Lodge in Newark, NJ under the management of Mel Luv with guest DJ Craig G. After the performance Vibe held a photo shoot that he was included in.
* 1998-2001: Formed a group called The Genesis Experiment with three other members. This has proved to be, officially the start of Big Sicks L.E.S. taking his career in music to another level. Performing at a Grammy showcase for the National Academy Of Recording Arts and Sciences, The Genesis Experiment was offered their first contract from acclaimed producer Travon Potts who helped produce artist such as Mint Condition, Joe and the Public Announcement, Monica, and Toni Braxton, just to name a few. Later being offered contracts from other acclaimed producers such as Matthew Knowles who is the father to Beyonce Knowles and manager. Along with several other local producers and major labels such as Elektra. The Genesis Experiment performed and was interviewed by Leon Griffin of Fox 13 News at The Hard Rock Café in Memphis, TN. The Genesis Experiment made an album called Origin Unknown that was widely accepted by the underground heads, selling more than 2000 copies, hand to hand, locally. Big Sicks L.E.S. was known as G6 back then, which has a meaning of it's own stemming from childhood.
* 2001-2004: Big Sicks L.E.S. went solo and met with an up and coming producer by the alias of DJ Grym. The two would seem to relate by common goals in music. This duo put together two albums working with many known producers and some known artist. The name of the first album put together by the two was called Rank On The Food Chain, complete with 15 tracks, produced in 2002 by DJ Grym, EZ Roc, Michael Beard, and Kurt Clayton (Member of The Barkays, and producer of some work for Three 6 Mafia). With featured guest such as Spaide Ripper and Glen Jones (R&B singer with several hits in the 80's). Working on many side projects in between the two albums they worked with Dick Williams, Luis Resto (One of Eminem's production staff members), Wendy Moten, and John Yosh (Mixer who previously mixed down tracks for India Arie). Big Sicks L.E.S. worked on other projects aside from the above as an individual solo artist with local artist for a mixtape. The second was called From the Heart, executive produced by Ethan (DJ Grym) Manley, Geraldo (Big Sicks L.E.S.) Nazario. With Production by Rob Beck, DJ Grym, Carlos (6th July) Broady (Grammy Nominated for India Arie's first single/Produce for Wu-Tang, Capone and Noreaga), and Luis Resto.
This artist is the next hottest make coming your way. Real Hip-Hop, from real street situations.
This Biography will be periodically updated. Much information was left out and will be added soon. Please continue to check back.
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 152081)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!