MP3 Bill Pere - Cityscape
In the tradition of the great story-song writers like Harry Chapin, this is another great collection of Bill''s incredible story-songs, backed up by full band arrangements with acoustic, electric, and midi guitar.
12 MP3 Songs
FOLK: Folk Pop, JAZZ: Smooth Jazz
When was the last time a song made you feel really intense emotion? In the tradition of the great musical story-tellers like Harry Chapin, Cityscape , the follow-up album to Bill''s award winning "Crest of a Wave," maintains the level of lyrical craftmaship that Bill has become known for in today''s music scene. The songs are character-driven tales about people searching for tenderness in the cold concrete surroundings of contemporary urban America. The tracks are orchestrated with Bill''s distinctive full band arrangements featuring 12-string acoustic guitar and Midi guitar, to support the powerful lyrics.
The songs run the emotional range, from the highest highs to the lowest lows. Teenage runaways, small time thieves, orphaned children, domestic violence, growing old, feeling isolated, finding love -- all these are portrayed with sensitivity and musical artistry.
12 Tracks, 57 minutes, Lyric Sheet Included!
If you like lyrically rich songs that have meaning and emotion, check out Bill other recordings, especially "Crest of a Wave" and "High School My School"
By the way, proceeds from the sale of this CD (and all of Bill''s CD''s) go to help Hunger Relief and family service agencies, through Local United Network to Combat Hunger (LUNCH).
BILL PERE - background highlights
* IMC Independent Artist of the Year, 2003
* Official Connecticut State Troubadour appointed 1995 by CT Commission on the Arts
* Executive Director, Connecticut Songwriters Association
* Founder and Executive Director, LUNCH (Local United Network to Combat Hunger) raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for hunger relief programs in Connecticut through benefit concerts
* Presenter and Mentor at Indie music conferences around the country
* 13 CD''s of original songs recorded and released
* 23 original theater plays produced
* Producer of the Harry Chapin Legacy Concert series
* International appearances and performances with the Steve Chapin Band
* Citation by the Connecticut State Legislature for Community Service through Music
* 1997 Citizen of the Year Award from Mystic Chamber of Commerce
* 1995 Community Service Award from International Artists Cooperative
* Song "The Wish" selected for inclusion on compilation CD produced by Rhode Island-based Artists Against Hunger
* Editor, Connecticut Songsmith
* Member Connecticut Music Educators Conference
* Author "Songcrafters Coloring Book"
* Published articles in numerous music industry publications including "Songwriters Market"
* 1981 and 1991 Connecticut Songwriter of the Year
* Two-time recipient, CSA Award for Outstanding Contribution to Education through Music
* First recipient of the CSA Renaissance Award for multiple music achievements, presented by Pete Seeger, 1995
* Presenter of award-winning Music Technology programs for teachers and students