MP3 Bette Phelan - Guided Relaxation for Stress Reduction & Deep Sleep
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
3 MP3 Songs
SPOKEN WORD: Audiobook, SPOKEN WORD: Instructional
The three guided relaxation sessions on this CD quiet the mind, soothe the emotions and create a state of deep relaxation in the body.
Deep states of relaxation have a profound effect on the body's ability to combat stress and to heal and rejuvenate. Practicing relaxation has been shown to:
* Lower blood pressure
* Increase energy
* Enhance creativity
* Promote sleep
* Ease muscle tension
* Reduce anxiety and depression
* Alleviate fatigue
* Reduce tension headaches
* Lower stress levels
1. Breathe & Relax (12:47) - In this brief relaxation break you'll learn a simple conscious breathing technique combined with body awareness to help you release tension throughout your body. Deep breathing brings more oxygen to the brain and muscles and helps your body and mind relax. Reduce mental and physical stress so you can feel and junction better throughout your day.
2. Renew & Restore (30:16) - A guided relaxation experience using breath, progressive relaxation and visualization. This gentle session helps you to access the deeper parts of your mind where your body's self healing ability resides. This session is extremely relaxing and invites healing at the cellular level. Feel deeply refreshed and renewed with more energy to face the challenges of your day.
3. Deep Sleep (29:42) - A guided experience to promote deep, undisturbed sleep. Session includes: contraction and relaxation of muscles to prepare you body for more relaxed sleep; 2:1 breathing to calm the nervous system and slow your heart rate, and visualization to help you unwind, quiet your mind and prepare for a deep restful sleep.
BETTE PHELAN is a Certified Hypnotherapist and Medical Hypnotherapist. She is also a Certified Kripalu Yoga Teacher with 30 years experience practicing, studying and teaching yoga. Bette integrates her understanding of transpersonal therapies and the deeper states of the mind with her years of yoga experience to help students gain profound changes at a core level.
THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF STRESS
The World Health Organization cites stress as âa global epidemic.â They say that the effects of stress are more than emotional or physical. Stress affects all aspects of well-being, the end result being disease and illness. In a recent article in American Psychological Association it was reported that â75-90 percent of all physician office visits are for stress related ailments. Stress is linked to the six leading causes of death: heart disease, cancer, lung ailments, accidents, cirrhosis of the liver, and suicide.â
SURPRISING HEALTH BENEFITS FROM RELAXATION
âThe simple act of becoming relaxed can have surprising health benefits. In addition to the obvious psychological effects of relieving stress and mental tension, the new findings indicate, deep relaxation, if practiced regularly can strengthen the immune system and produce a host of other medically valuable physiological changes. Relaxation may also help ward off disease by making people less susceptible to viruses, and by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Research by Dr. Dean Ornish, director of the Preventive Medicine Research Institute in San Francisco, has shown that relaxation training improves blood flow to the heart. He also found that relaxation lowered cholesterol levels and lessened the severity of angina attacks.
Relaxation offers relief for many asthmatics by diminishing both the emotional upsets that can trigger attacks and the constriction of air passages that chokes breathing, according to a report by Paul Lehrer of Rutgers Medical School.
Diabetics can benefit from relaxation, according to research at the Duke University Medical Center. In a series of studies, Dr. Richard Surwit found that relaxation improved the body's ability to regulate glucose in patients with the most common type of diabetes. It is the body's inability to control glucose that ultimately leads to the damage done by the disease.
In a recent article in the Journal of Behavioral Medicine, Dr. Kabat-Zinn reported a sharp decrease in pain and related symptoms in patients trained in relaxation at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. The patients in the study were able to lessen or, in some cases, stop altogether their use of pain drugs.
In another study researchers taught relaxation techniques to residents of a retirement home. After a month of training their levels of natural killer cells and antibody titers - indicators of resistance to tumors and viruses - had improved significantly, according to a report in Health Psychology.â Daniel Goleman, The New York Times
Using This CD:
Use one or more of the sessions on this CD or MP3 anytime you feel the need to unwind and relax. Make a commitment to practice relaxation daily for at least 30 days. In that period of time you will notice many positive results. With regular practice you will find that you begin to use some of the techniques presented here throughout your day. Learning to become more conscious of your breathing and body tensions can greatly reduce the harmful effects of stress.
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Hold Me - Single (mp3 Album)
Wasted (mp3 Album)
I Will Not Fold (mp3 Album)
New Age Healing Music For Chillout. Relaxation. Meditation. Yoga. Tai Chi. Reiki. Deep Massage. Spa. Zen. Spiritual Rituals. (mp3 Album)
Mp3 Walkine - Back To Love
Brothers´ Keeper (mp3 Album)
Highway To Helmo (mp3 Album)
Mp3 Max Bunyan - A Musical Merry Christmas
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!