The Return of Sherlock Holmes, Arthur Doyle Short Stories
This downloadable file type is .ePub (for Sony Reader, Barnes and Nobile Nook, BeBook, Bookeen, Cool-ER, Hanlin eReader, Hanvon, and many other eBook readers.)
Please find .mobi for all kinds of eBook reader from Amazon e.g. Amazon Kindle, Amazon Kindle fire,etc., @ https://www.tradebit.com
Sherlock Holmes is the very foundation stone of the edifice that is crime fiction. --Times (London)
Every writer owes something to Holmes. --T. S. Eliot
The book was first published on 7 March 1905 by Georges Newnes, Ltd and in a Colonial edition by Longmans. 30,000 copies were made of the initial print run. The US edition by McClure, Phillips & Co. added another 28,000 copies to the run.
This was the first Holmes collection since 1893, when Holmes had died in The Adventure of the Final Problem. Having published The Hound of the Baskervilles in 1901–1902 (although setting it before Holmes death) Doyle came under intense pressure to revive his famous character.
This collection of Holmes Adventures contains stories set from 1894, giving Holmes the period from 1891-94 to explain - The Great Hiatus has been the subject of intense speculation and analysis by Sherlockian enthusiasts.
Also of note is Watsons statement at the end of the cycle that Holmes has retired, and forbids him to publish any more stories.
The Return of Sherlock Holmes -
A Collection of Holmes Adventures contains a set of 13 short stories -
1. THE ADVENTURE OF THE EMPTY HOUSE
2. THE ADVENTURE OF THE NORWOOD BUILDER
3. THE ADVENTURE OF THE DANCING MEN
4. THE ADVENTURE OF SOLITARY CYCLIST
5. THE ADVENTURE OF THE PRIORY SCHOOL
6. THE ADVENTURE OF BLACK PETER
7. THE ADVENTURE OF CHARLES AUGUSTUS MILVERTON
8. THE ADVENTURE OF THE SIX NAPOLEONS
9. THE ADVENTURE OF THE THREE STUDENTS
10. THE ADVENTURE OF THE GOLDEN PINCE-NEZ
11. THE ADVENTURE OF THE MISSING THREE-QUARTER
12. THE ADVENTURE OF THE ABBEY GRANGE
13. THE ADVENTURE OF THE SECOND STAIN