MP3 Ba Que - Golden dreams - Vol1
Vietnamese folk songs covered by melodies of traditional musical instruments on contemporary background
8 MP3 Songs
FOLK: Modern Folk, WORLD: Asian
Merit artist Ba Que, the real name Vu Ba Que, was born on 10th February 1956 in Ha Dong town. He started learning music at age 9, won the first prize at the Festival of Music and Dance for youth when he was just 12 years old. He got a bachelor degree specializing on researching, composing, performing and conducting national music at Vietnam Institute for researching music and entitled Merit artist.
- 1970, worked in Vietnam national music and dance theater
- 1977, worked and researched in Vietnam national music research institute
- 1978, being music advisor to Cambodian ministry of culture
- 1984, worked in Vietnam national music and dance theater
- 3 gold medals for musical instruments at Festival of professional art performance (1981)
- Special prize for musical instruments and Broning (1995)
- Gold ball at International Festival of Music organized in China
- Prize and certificate of merit in India
- Conducting over 20 small and big stage programs
- Operating the first Vietnamese spiritual music program in Korea
- Recording sound and image, interpreting hundreds programs of different kinds of Vietnamese music on radio and television studios
- Performing in over 40 countries worldwide including The United States, China, Japan, Russia, Italy, France, Germany, Netherlands, South Africa etc.
- Organizing, performing and guiding hundreds performance programs all over the world
- Introducing Vietnamese music on famous television stations such as BBC (UK), NHK (Japan), KBS (Korea) etc.
Works and research
- Composing more than 60 pieces of different genres: musical instrument, songs, dancing music...
- Research on Lithophone
- Research on Broning
- Research on Gongs