MP3 Jodie Sellers - Into the dream
R&B style gospel mixed with a bit of motown funk. Some smooth jazz style tunes mixed with some sweet ballads as well.
12 MP3 Songs
URBAN/R&B: R&B Pop Crossover, GOSPEL: Contemporary Gospel
Music House records is pleased to present...Jodie Sellers!
I am a singer, and songwriter. I started singing solo''s at the age of 6 years old just before my father, an evangelist named Lonnie Kelley, would preach.
My dream has always been to sing in a way that pointed people to a God who loves and cares for them. I began singing publicly when I was 13 years old with my church choir and classical choir and high school gospel choir.
* In my junior year I auditioned and was given the lead role in the citywide production of West Side Story.
* Two years later, while I was attending Western New England College, my father began a church in Springfield Massachusetts in 1986. I began assisting him full time.
However, In February of 1988 at 5:30 in the morning, my parents house where I had been born and raised for 22 years, caught on fire and ended the lives of my younger 15 year old sister, my 26 year old sister and my two foster brothers Lionel 6 and James 5. My world was rocked!
I continued helping in my dad''s church but I thought my heart was wounded and broken beyond repair.
But somehow out of the ashes and destruction of that fire, my life was forever intertwined and linked with a man I thought would only ever be a good friend. And in June of that same year I married Rocky Sellers and we moved to Minnesota.
Rocky and I joined a church and it was the best thing we could have done. While attending there, God''s Holy Spirit began knitting my heart back together. We have been married 17 years now and have 5 beautiful children.
* In 1993, I began singing professionally, debuting in Minnesota at a women''s'' event of 700 women. I was able to share through my music and my story that "God will take you through every season of your life, and He will never let you walk alone, he is a faithful partner and friend".
* In 1996 I was invited to sing with the "Heart of the City Band" by nationally published songwriter Dan Adler. The events sponsored by this group has drawn up to 2000 people at a time. The group has two compact disks, "What we really need" and "With One Voice". We had the pleasure of Don Moen sitting in on one of our events and Ron Kenoly recorded our song "It is Good" on His "Live in Rome" C/D. I am still singing with Heart of the City and we are recording our third C/D.
* In 2000 I was invited to be a part of the Dave Bullock Band. I was flown to Boston Massachusetts for the weekend of "Vision New England 2000", 12,000 people showed up.
* From 1999 to 2001, I was invited to share the microphone with such noted singers as; Phil Driscoll, Larnelle Harris, Larry Gatlin, and Petra''s John Schlitt.
* From 2001-2002 I was invited to be part of the House Band for Spirit Fest Midwest in Detroit Lakes, MN. This event had an average attendance of about 19,000 people.
September 2001, I was asked by Dan Adler of the Heart of the City Band to solo and sing at the Metrodome where 24,000 people gathered for a prayer service after the September 11th attacks.
* In the spring of 2002 I sang in Santa Barbara, CA with Sara Renner for Randall Cunningham in a community event he sponsored.
* 2003 I sang for Campus Crusade for Christ''s for over 15,000 people with the Heart of the City Band.
* In June of 2003 I was asked to be a part of an All-Star Band that recorded with National recording artist Bryan Duncan at the Heart Alive entertainment center.
* 2005- I continue to sing at "Minneapolis Live" with other local musicians at Club 3 degrees every third Thursday.
I have been a writer, a guest vocalist and a background vocalist in the studio on a number of notable projects such as:
* Elwood Jones'' "Wood Up", 1990
* Tim Lemmon''s "Love", 1999
* Praise Grooves'' "Praise Him Like a Levite",1999
* Kenny Passmore''s "Changed", 1999
* Celebration Church''s "Celebration Church Live", 2000
* Heart of the City''s "What we really Need" 1999 and "With One Voice" 2001
* Spirit Fest Midwest 2001 "Delivered"
* Sara Renner''s "Joy" 2001, "Savior of all" 2002, and "Elements of the Journey" 2004
* Maureen Pranghoffer''s "Some Run the Race" 2002
* Bryan Duncan''s "Bryan Duncan Live" 2003
* Gwen Matthews, "Absolutely" 2005
For Booking contact
Renee James- manager
Music House Records
16394 Klamath Trail
Lakeville, MN. 55044
(952) 898-2096 office phone