This file is not currently available to purchase on Tradebit
Sold by music on Tradebit The world's largest download marketplace 2,984,673 satisfied buyers
MP3 Klezamir - Warm Your Hands
Klezmer at its best
13 MP3 Songs
WORLD: Judaica, WORLD: Eastern European
Warm Your Hands is Klezamir''s 20th anniversary CD, the band''s 4th!
Jim Armenti - clarinet, electric and acoustic guitars, mandolin, vocals
Joe Blumenthal - acoustic bass, nose flute track 3
Amy Rose - flute, piano, accordion, vocals
Keith Levreault - drums and percussion
Jason Moses – lead vocals, trombone, violin
For more information about Klezamir, please contact:
Amy Rose 413-253-3831
705 Station Rd. Amherst, MA 01002 USA [email protected]://www.tradebit.com https://www.tradebit.com
1. Undzer Nigndl (Our Tune) Nokhem Sternheim (1879 – 194?) We have a little tune that we sing with pleasure and joy. This tune was sung by grandfather and grandmother, father and mother – the whole family, when we were all young.
2. Ampernishn* (Bickering) Jim Armenti A musical impression of many van rides with the band.
3. Dovid, Shpiel es Nokh Amol (David, Play it Again) nose flute solo by Joe Blumenthal
4. Tumbalalaike All night long a lad worries which girl to marry without embarrassing the other one. “Maiden, can you tell me what grows without rain, what yearns without tears, what burns forever?” “Silly lad, a stone can grow without rain, a heart can yearn without tears, and love can burn forever.”
5. Szep a Rozsam (Beautiful Rose) and Csipd Meg, Bogar! (Sting Me Bug!) Hungarian Gypsy melodies
6. West Branch Manhan* Jim Armenti In my back yard, one finger of the hand that becomes the Manhan River emptying into the Connecticut.
7. Wild Child** Amy Rose
8. Eilat Offenheiser Eilat is a city in Israel.
9. Quabbin Waltz** Amy Rose I often visit the beautiful Quabbin Reservoir, whose vast waters displaced the people of four Massachusetts towns, towns originally built on land whose native Nipmucs were killed or forced to flee. When I contemplate the beauty of the Quabbin, I remember the Jews of the Holocaust and displaced people everywhere.
10. Jason’s Freylekh
11. Erev Shel Shoshanim (Evening of Roses) Lyrics: Moshe Dor Music: Yosef Haddar An evening fragrant with roses. Let us go out to the orchard. Myrrh, spices and frankincense shall be as a threshold for your feet. The night comes slowly A breeze of roses blows Let me whisper a song to you quietly A song of love At dawn a dove is cooing Your hair is filled with dew Your lips to the morning are like a rose I’ll pick it for myself.