MP3 The LUCKY 13 BAND - The Real Deal
This CD was produced by Grammy winner Jim Gaines. Listen and you will experience rock and roll from the classic sound. Play it loud as it should be.
4 MP3 Songs
ROCK: Classic Rock, ROCK: 70''s Rock
"THE Lucky 13 BAND" is composed of four musicians. The group specializes in rock and blues including original compositions and covers. On August 19-21, 2002 they cut a demo with Jim Gaines(Producer with such artists as Santana, SRV, Journey, John Lee Hooker, Luther Allison, Tommy Castro, etc..). This three song DEMO was released in October 2002 - THE REAL DEAL.
On July 22, 2002 they opened for EARTH, WIND & FIRE at the Nautica Stage in Cleveland. On July 6, 2002 they opened for Judas Priest at the Akron Rib Burn OFF in Akron. On December 31, 2001, they played at First Night in Youngstown. On July 7, 2001 they opened for WAR and Mountain at the 2001 Blues & Cruise Festival in Cuyahoga Falls. On June 20, 2001 they opened for Ted Nugent. Deep Purple, and Lynyrd Skynyrd at the Blossom Music Center(House of Blues Presentation).
On May 6, 2000 they opened for Johnny Winter(Slatus Management who manages Johnny Winter booked LUCKY 13 directly from New York for this gig)at the Odeon in Cleveland - a Belkin Productions. On December 17, 1999 they opened for Brownie Mary at the Odeon in Cleveland - a Belkin Productions.
They have played at Blossom Music Center(House of Blues Presentation) for the 7th and 8th Annual Fall Festival in Cuyahoga Falls, the Akron Rib Burn Off, the Canton Hall Of Fame Rib Burn Off , the Blues Festival at Northside during the Akron Fourth of July Festival, Blues & Cruise Festival in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio , and October Fest at Northside . They were the opening act for the 1999 and 2000 Crooked River Blues and Jazz Festival in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
Also, they were one of seven bands selected to play at the 1998 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame High School Rock Band Series in Cleveland, and again one of six bands selected to play at the 2000 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame High School Rock Band Series in Cleveland. They are the ONLY band to play at the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame twice in this series!
Competitions & Awards:
* THE REAL DEAL was selected as one of the top 5 CD''s for 2002 by the Student Chapter of Audio Engineers at the Conservatory of Music at the University of Cincinnati. "THE Lucky 13 BAND" will be included on a compilation CD that will be released in 2003.
* THE Lucky 13 BAND played at the first Cleveland Music Festival in 2001. There were over 140 bands over 3 days. They were voted the BEST ROCK BAND at this festival.
* THE Lucky 13 BAND was a finalist in the first ever 2001 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Battle of the BANDS in Cleveland at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. There were over 45 bands involved.
* THE Lucky 13 BAND won the 1999 People''s Choice Award and the 2001 People''s Choice Award at the Mountain Dew High School Rock Off in Cleveland in 1999 and 2001. There were over seventy bands in this competition each year.
* They were a finalist at the 2000, 2001, and 2002 Mountain Dew High School Rock Off s in Cleveland, which had over 70 bands each year.
* They were a finalist in the first Time Warner Cable''s Battle of the Bands in 2000. Over 25 bands were in the competition. The five finalist were selected through voting for the battle. THE Lucky 13 BAND made it in third place with over 230,000 votes!!!