MP3 Dwayne McMillan - Father and Son Bonding Project
Compilation of songs which express the father and son bonding experience.
11 MP3 Songs
GOSPEL: Traditional Gospel, EASY LISTENING: Love Songs
Who can deny the love that a father gives; the kind of love that influences a child throughout their life. Guitarist, Dwayne McMillan can’t. It was the resonated music from his father’s quartet group that ignited the musical interest. As far back as he remembers, Dwayne recalls the silent father/son bonding by observing his father’s rehearsal sessions in their living room.
From his roots in Brooklyn, NY to his childhood memories in Teaneck, NJ, Dwayne’s musical interests moved beyond the quartet group to the soulful sounds of church music, so at the age of seven, it was the high pitched sounds of the guitar that convinced him of a music career.
As Dwayne grew into adolescence and young adulthood, he began to perfect his talent with guitar lessons and gained support from his biggest fan, his father. His first Gibson GS guitar came as a gift from his father, the same type used in his father’s quartet group.
After graduating from York College, Dwayne chose a career in Information Technology and later became a Microsoft Certified Professional and continued to play for local churches throughout the country. Although Dwayne’s day job created shelter and a means of survival, his love for the guitar never diminished. Performing at every opportunity, this began a sea of networking among other musicians in the local and national arena.
The first big break came as legendary soul and pop singer, Ben E. King of the famed song, Stand By Me, saw Dwayne perform. After joining the band, his repertoire opened to R&B, Reggae, Jazz and Blues. This solidified Dwayne’s musical career.
Music Career Highlights
• Guest guitarist for Darlene McCoy’s self entitled cd – listening party
• Cameo appearance and performance in the movie, “The Gospel”
• Performed at Above The Rim concert with gospel recording artist, William Murphy
• Performed with Kirk Franklin’s God’s Property, Bay Festival (Mobile, AL)
• Guitarist for Bishop T.D. Jakes’, The Potter’s House Church, (Dallas, TX)
• Accompanied Bishop Eddie Long and William Murphy, Megafest 2004 (Atlanta, GA)
• Guitarist for stage play, Black Nativity
• Performed with Karen Clark of the famed gospel group, the Clark Sisters
• Accompanied celebrated gospel music artist Shirley Caesar
• Performed at the 2000 campaign rally for Al Gore (Greensboro, NC)
As an Atlanta resident, Dwayne continues to perform throughout the city. He currently serves as the lead guitarist at Word of Faith Family Worship Cathedral, owns a local production company, D&B Productions, and continues to play upon request from local and national acclaimed gospel artists.
Music is to be used as a vehicle to bridge communication gaps between races, societies, governments and religious sectors. By delivering his music, Dwayne hopes to open the door to a bonding relationship with Jesus Christ.