MP3 Calton Coffie - Hotcup Of Calton Coffie
Want a fresh, hot cup of "coffie"? Grammy award-winning artist releases new solo album of original, soul-touching reggae.
18 MP3 Songs
WORLD: Reggae, ROCK: Ska
CALTON COFFIE CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
* Born in London and raised in Kingston, Jamaica; immigrated to the United States in 1973.
* Wrote and recorded his first song, "Freedom," in 1975. It has been rerecorded for his new album, "Hot Cup of Calton Coffie."
* Won the 1976 New York Reggae Festival song competition with his song "World Festivity."
* Lead vocalist, writer, co-writer, percussionist, keyboard and/or producer on 10 albums:
"One Way" 1987
"Black Roses" 1990
"Bad to the Bone" 1992
"Bad Boys" 1993 (Atlantic)
"Reggae Dancer" 1994 (Big Beat Records)
"Scandal" 1998 (Gator Records)
"Reggae Xmas on the Beach" 1999 (Gator Records)
"Bad Boys 2000"
"Hot Cup of Calton Coffie" 2003 (Studio A Records)
* Signed with Atlantic Records in 1992 as part of Inner Circle. Recorded "Bad Boys" in 1993, selling more than six million copies worldwide.
* Appeared on Billboard charts with "Bad Boys" for more than 140 weeks.
* Co-writer and lead vocalist on the 1993 Grammy Award-winning Best Reggae Album, "Bad Boys."
* Co-writer and lead vocalist on the 1994 Grammy Award-nominated Album, "Reggae Dancer," which sold 500,000 copies in Japan the first week following its release.
* Lead vocalist on the internationally syndicated television show, "Cops."
* Provided lead vocals on the 2002 box office hit, "Minority Report," starring Tom Cruise.
* Lead vocalist on the 1995 box office hit, "Bad Boys," starring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence.
* Lead vocalist of the song, "Summer Jammin''" featured in the 1994 movie Beverly Hills Cop III, starring Eddie Murphy.
* Lead vocalist, percussionist and keyboard on six hit albums for the Reggae group, Inner Circle.
* Recipient of four stars from Billboard Magazine for composing and co-producing the song, "Black Roses," which was very successful in Latin America, reaching No. 5 on the Brazilian charts.
* Lead vocalist on the No. 8 Billboard hit, "Sweat A La La La Long."
* Lead vocalist on four Platinum and 15 Gold albums, and six Platinum and nine Gold singles worldwide.
* Set record for the most-played single ever in Germany.
* Co-wrote and provided vocals for the song "Amor Mio," for Latin artist Mangu''s album "Calle Luna Calle Sol."
* Recording and mixing engineer for Dr. Paul Production Studios in Fla., working on Reggae artist Diana King''s "Sugar, Sugar" single (Sony). Mixed songs for Reggae dance-hall artists, Beanie Man, Bounty Killer, Alley Cat, Merciless and Elephant Man.