MP3 Licia Sky - Moving Forward, Looking Back
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
15 MP3 Songs
FOLK: Gentle, FOLK: Folk Pop
For those who would know more about me, I am a gardener and a performance poet, a mother of two teenaged boys, a dabbler in mystical things, a friend and a wife, a peace activist, an esther's angel, a brash outspoken person sometimes, and a patient listening person sometimes....
I was a poet first. I came to guitar playing and singing in front of people after a lifetime (it seems) of singing by myself, or in the back of the choir. I didn't buy a guitar for myself until I was 35. Started taking lessons with my friend (fellow angel) Janet Feld, and with each lesson, found a song writning itself out of me.
My first musical open mics were shaky experiences with sweaty fingers, dry mouth, and forgotten chords, but my voice always seemed strong enough to carry me through the songs.
When I was still a fledgeling singer-songwriter, I was fortunate to hook up with Brian Doser. With his encouragement (and reservoirs of patience) I began recording my songs in his studio. What began as an exploration became a three year snapshot, my first CD-- Moving Forward, Looking Back.
Four years later, Through times of lots of playing out, and quieter times of introspection, I'm finally starting to feel a little seasoned. My hands don't sweat before I play guitar. (I'm actually not bad) My voice, still strong and more confident than ever, is discovering new things in the songs I wrote when I first began. I've returned to performing poetry as well as music. I have a new collection of unrecorded material, all written over the past four years, and this year, I'm going back in the studio to make another snapshot of where I am now.
What people are saying about Licia Sky and
Moving Forward, Looking Back:
* "When you hear Licia Sky you'll wonder if she is a poet (she is), if she's lived the blues (she has), and if she is something entirely new (yes, that, too). A beautiful voice meets emotional maturity and mixes with natural on-stage charm in Licia Sky. She's something."
-Marylin Reah Beyer, WUMB radio
* "As always, Licia's singing is wonderful, and her words truly worth listening to. Perhaps most unusual, in this age when the art seems to be mostly forgotten, is that she writes such great melodies."
-John Shockey, Club Passim
* "Licia Sky has one of those straightforward, physical voices that reaches inside you and resonates with emotion. Her new CD is already a favorite."
* "Licia's songs have a lot of drama and seem to weave a story that is very personal and sometimes sad. Her rich voice and poigniant songs are heart-felt and compelling."
* "Licia's insightful songwriting is steeped in humanity. As an listener you are sure to be transported, touched, and entertained by Licia's presence and powerful voice."
* "Licia Sky is one of our favorite performers. She grabs you with the first song and keeps you till the last sweet note."
-Jessa Piaia, Squawk Coffeehouse
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Mp3 Anita Coats - Folk: Gentle
Mp3 Bill Nash - Mostly True Stories
Mp3 Lisa Moritz - Dream Of Blue
Mp3 Carol Arblaster - Brendan Soul: A Celtic Companion
Mp3 Bittersweet And Briers Live - Folk: Traditional Folk
Mp3 The Autumn Skylight - Someday We'll Meet Somewhere
Mp3 Jay Mankita - Morning Face
Mp3 Steven Palmer - Morning Road
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!