MP3 Linn Glisson - Give Me a Song
Meaningful, scripturally-based original Christian music with a beautiful vocal and piano style.
15 MP3 Songs
GOSPEL: Contemporary Gospel, GOSPEL: Country Gospel
God has blessed me with music that I feel called to share, and I hope and pray that it may also be a blessing to you from God.
- Linn Glisson
COMMENTS FROM PURCHASERS:
- "I especially enjoyed Give me a Song and the Lord''s Prayer. Okay if I pass it on to ...? I think she would enjoy singing some of this music. Perhaps there''s a website where we can get melody and chords?"
- "I want you to know how much I have been enjoying your cd... The music is beautiful! I am in awe... Your talent is truly heaven-sent. Thank you for sharing your gift with me."
- "It is beautiful!!!!!! I love your compositional style... I don''t know a lot about the technique of composition but it was great to hear different styles in the different tracks. I would really like to have 2 more as soon as possible... I will definitely want others but those two are rush orders if possible?"
- "Please know how much your CD means to me... The soothingness of your CD was part of the light in the tunnel and continues to be."
- "Thank you for your prayers and the CDs. Thank you for using your God-given gift for his praise."
- "I love your CD. It speaks on many levels to me."
MEET THE SONGWRITER!
Linn Donat Glisson is a native Virginian with roots going back to the American Revolution. The daughter of Ward Donat, a now-retired United Methodist minister, and Marcia Williams Donat, she has lived throughout much of the state. Linn and her husband Andrew lived in Manassas, Virginia for over 25 years but relocated to Alleghany County in May, 2005 to be nearer to their parents, and they now live in a beautiful location beside the Jackson River where they love to go canoeing and kayaking.
Linn''s full-time employment is as a Lead Developer/Designer for Datatel, Inc., which is one of the leading providers of administrative software and services in the higher education field. She uses a laptop computer and a high-speed internet connection to telecommute daily to Datatel headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia from her office in her home, and occasionally travels to Fairfax for business. Her first job in the computer field was as a civilian computer programmer trainee with the Department of the Navy, where the commanding officer stated that she was chosen for the job because of her music background studies have indicated a high correlation between programming ability and musical ability.
Linn has always loved to sing. Her first public singing was at the age of 2 when she sang Jesus Loves Me for a church program, and she has been singing ever since. In addition to numerous church and school choirs, she has also sung with the Richmond Choral Society, the Manassas Choral Society, and was the guest soloist for many years at the Prince William County Public Schools External Diploma Program graduation. She currently sings with the Alleghany Highlands Chorale and with the Granbery Memorial United Methodist Church choir.
Although she has a B.A. degree in music from the College of William and Mary, Linn was not led to composition until many years later. In the early 1990s, she began to find herself frequently moved to sing, yet without the words to express exactly what she was feeling. That led to her prayer which is expressed in the title song of this CD. That song is both the expression of her prayer, and also the beginning of the answer to it.