MP3 Robert Arthur - Holidays, Special Days
All new holiday and special occasion songs (seasons, birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, etc.) covering the entire year, from Christmas/New Years to Thanksgiving, with each song in the unique musical style of the occasion.
22 MP3 Songs
POP: Party Pop
ROBERT ARTHUR RESUME
On hearing the words and music Robert Arthur had
written for the Theatre Guild’s proposed musical version
of the Pulitzer Prize-winning play, "Idiot’s Delight",
Goddard Lieberson, Columbia Records VP and producer
of the foremost Broadway show albums, from "Oklahoma"
to "West Side Story", said to young composer Robert Arthur, "That’s the finest score I’ve heard since "My Fair Lady". Your writing is on a par with the best."
Writer and/or Producer of 500+ primetime network TV shows.
ASCAP Composer/Lyricist of 20+ TV Theme Songs of primetime shows such as The American Music Awards and The Ed Sullivan Show and........of songs recorded and/or performed by Natalie Cole, Smokey Robinson, Lorrie Morgan, Andy Williams, Jackie Gleason, Helen Reddy, Sammy Davis Jr., Roy Clark, Connie Francis, Roger Miller, Lou Rawls,
Sly Stone, Marilyn McCoo, Steve Lawrence, Carmen Macrae, Robert Goulet, Gloria Loring, Eddie Arnold,
William Shatner, Leslie Uggams, Julius LaRosa, Julie Harris, Connie Stevens, Glen Campbell, etc.
Director/Writer/Producer of 50+ TV Bio Videos tributing Elvis Presley Whitney Houston, Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Ella Fitzgerald, The Grateful Dead, Barbara Mandrell, Willie Nelson, Michael Jackson, Merle Haggard, Diana Ross, Johnny Cash, Aerosmith, Garth Brooks,
The Beatles, Neil Diamond, Billy Joel, Janet Jackson, Rod Stewart, Kenny Rogers, Alabama, Prince, Dolly, Tammy, Loretta, Reba, etc.
The genre of the 22 songs in this CD varies with the subject matter. Here’s a breakdown...
1. HOLIDAYS, SPECIAL DAYS-pop/rock peppered with some march, church, Irish pipes, waltz, polka and latin flavors.
2. HELLO BRAND NEW BABY-a melody to be sung to a sweet, little baby.
3. IT’S YOUR BIRTHDAY- Just stick in the name of the birthday person. It also can be sung as a "round".... you know, like "Row, Row, Row Your Boat".
4. HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS- to,be sung to family and friends...even to strangers who might need a little holiday cheer.
5. THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS – in the tradition of your Christmas favorites.
6. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE- a handy new salute to the New Year done straight or as a cheerful waltz or as a rollicking polka.
7. HE HAD A DREAM- a gospel-style commemoration of Martin Luther King Day in January.
8. WON’T YOU BE MY VALENTINE- It’s February and you’ll need a song to sing to your Valentine.
9. THE POWER OF LOVE- a big ballad about the feelings that inspired Valentine’s Day.
10. IT’S GREAT TO BE IRISH-a Gaelic clog to sing and dance on St. Patrick’s Day.
11. HOW WILL I KNOW IT’S SPRING?- a romantic April answer to this question.
12. EASTER MEANS IT’S SPRING- another way you know it’s spring.
13. CINCO DE MAYO (THE 5TH OF MAY)- a Mariachi-style celebration of this favorite latino fiesta of the year.
14. HAVE A HAPPY MOTHER’S (FATHER’S) DAY- a day in May and one in June for mom and dad.
15. ALL TOAST THE BRIDE AND GROOM- There are lots of weddings in June and here’s a new processional to walk the couple down the aisle.
16. JULY 4TH, 1776- a martial salute to the heroes of the American Revolution.
17. SUMMER FUN- a sunny, funny look at a family’s summertime activities.
18. THE TWO HIGH HOLY DAYS- a song for Rosh Hashonah and Yom Kippur.
19. HALLOWEEN NIGHT- A weird and spooky tango listing all the bad things to do on this infamous October holiday.
20. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY- the perfect song to sing as the couple dances to this anniversary waltz.
21. HERE’S TO MY LADY (HERE’S TO MY MAN)- a duet for a couple looking back over a long and happy marriage.
22. GIVE THANKS- a musical way to say Thanksgiving grace for all the good things the year has brought.