MP3 The Cautions - Proceed With... The Cautions
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
17 MP3 Songs
POP: Power Pop, ROCK: 80's Rock
Hailing from the Boston area, The Cautions write catchy, melodious songs that bring back the days of skinny ties, Atari 2600, and Rubix Cubes. The band's upbeat brand of power-pop is a hybrid that pays homage to The Cars and Elvis Costello and mingles it with the likes of current faves Weezer, Fountains of Wayne and Good Charlotte. Synth-driven and quirky, the band coins its name from an old-fashioned expression for a joker/wise guy - a "caution." With this in mind, they tend to add a humorous, ironic bent to their lyrics.
Out of nearly 1,000 contestants nationally, The Cautions were chosen as Top 10 finalists in the 2002 "American Music Awards presents The New Music Award" contest, sponsored by The American Music Awards, CMJ and Coca-Cola. They were flown to NYC to perform at The Bowery Ballroom, for a full audience of CMJ, radio station and record label execs.
In February 2001, the band released their debut self-titled album, which gained critical praise from numerous print and online publications. Both Boston Soundcheck and Metronome magazine chose the album as one of their top five picks of the month. Boston Soundcheck says, "The fun kicks off right from the opening number, "Coffee Shop Girl," and does not let up until the closing bars of "Groove Baby Groove." The joyful power-pop of The Cautions jumps out of the stereo with tasteful, Weezer-esque songs and playful lyrics. Taking the sarcasm of the early Elvis Costello tracks and fusing it with a grunge, dirty guitar feel, the only flaw that The Cautions' debut has is that it is not long enough."
Lead singer Eric Barao and guitarist Jeff Caglarcan met while studying at Berklee College of Music. Chris Newbern had previously drummed with Jeff for three years in the Boston-based band January, and bassist Jay Raffi was added to the lineup in 2002.
The Cautions made their first appearance in April 2000 at the Green Room in Providence, RI and have since appeared in numerous clubs throughout the Northeast. The band has also enjoyed airplay on both New England college radio and major commercial stations, such as WBCN, WFNX and WBRU.
* Top 10 finalists in the national 2002 American Music Awards presents the Coca-Cola New Music Awards contest.
* Recorded track for The Cars Tribute CD released by Not Lame Records in early 2005.
* Released self-titled debut album in 2001 which gained critical praise from numerous print and online publications.
* Released a new 15-song album 'Proceed With... The Cautions' in May 2005.
* The song "Coffee Shop Girl" from The Cautions debut release has been included on several independent film soundtracks, numerous compilation CD's, and a Canadian television show.
* Lead singer Eric Barao was included in the book "Tales From The Rock-N-Roll Highway" by Marley Brant and published by Billboard Books.
* Semifinalists in the Cabo Wabo Mexican Meltdown Battle of the Bands contest sponsored by the Hard Rock Cafe.
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 186140)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!