MP3 Haole Wolf - Sphinx of Love
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
15 MP3 Songs
FOLK: Folk Blues, POP: Quirky
Haole Wolf: Sphinx of Love
Originally, I wrote songs for my kids when they were little. As long as it had a catchy rhythm and made them laugh, I had free reign as a minstrel. Most of the songs I wrote for them were goofy.
I like songs that feel like they are being written on the spot, even if they take three years of late night sweating to finish. When I'm stuck, I write a song about flowers or cats.
Lost and found love fuel my songwriting.
I discovered the ukulele seven years ago, and love how it begs to tag along everywhere and be a part of the action. Originally from Indiana, I now live on the Big Island of Hawai'i, surrounded by ocean, sky and volcano.
Haole is the term for caucasian people in Hawaiian. It sometimes just means white, sometimes it has a more negative connotation. Wolves were once native to Indiana. Howling Wolf was a kick-ass blues player who sang one of my favorite songs: "Built for Comfort."
Haole Wolf is funnier, sadder, crankier, wittier than I am. He's always ready to sing a song that will help me get through a crappy day.
Album artwork: Joe Lee.
All songs copyright c 2006 by David Christman.
All background vocals and instruments were
performed/sung by Brian Goodman except
slide guitar (1, 12) and dumbek (7) by David
Christman, and accordion (15) by Sophia Travis.
Recorded at Mama Catâs Kitchen Table
*Recorded live at the Buskirk-Chumley Theatre,
Bloomington, Indiana as part of the
2005 Tango and Beyond
Produced by Brian Goodman and David Christman
Instruments: acoustic, electric and resonator guitars, soprano ukulele, banjo uke, StrumStick, porcelain dumbek, harmonica, kazoo, finger snaps, handclaps and that wonderful little thing known as the human voice.
1. The modern cross between Claude Monet, Edward Hopper and paint-by-number kits. Shame on the heirs of the Elvis Presley brand for shutting down the flow of Mexican Black Velvet Elvis imports.
2. Finding yourself single and dating in your late thirties and early forties is one of the lesser-discussed inner circles of Danteâs Inferno.
3. They were skinny, limber and pissed.
4. I love sushi. The cats love that I love sushi.
5. My mother ordered fried chicken in every restaurant we ever visited. When they didnât have fried chicken, she just drank iced tea. I admire that kind of dedication.
6. Hmmm, I discovered after writing and playing this song for several years that I not only stole the chords but also the subject matter from Frankie Valli.
8. A sure sign of someone who has gone through twelve years of Catholic education is that when they finally write a song about sex they have to spell it out rather than actually say the S word.
9. I like it when you think you are somewhere, and then you discover you are somewhere else.
10. Being alone and surrounded by couples calling each other by pet names can lead to this kind of song.
11. I am more of a cat person, but this dog had his act together.
12. I was waiting at a railroad crossing in southern Indiana when three orange South Shore rail cars rolled past, apparently heading down to the French Lick Railroad Museum. For a second, I felt like I was ten again. Apparently that was a good year for me.
*13. Playing live at the old Indiana Theatre made me feel like I was on a vaudeville stage. I could not see the audience but I could feel them in the dark. They were great singers!
*14. My girlfriend has a beautiful voice. Can you tell Iâm jealous?
*15. Tango is really beyond words. Thank you to Sophia for the inspiring accordion playing and for always inviting me to this high-class affair.
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Mp3 Doctor Oakroot - Happy Birthday
Mp3 David Holt And The Lightning Bolts - Folk: Traditional Folk
Mp3 Scott Perry - 8 Miles To Perryville
Mp3 Buckeye - Box Fetish
Mp3 Keith Forrester - Darkwaters
Mp3 Gallery 2 - Folk: Folk Blues
Mp3 Will Derryberry - Seven
Mp3 Rachel Taylor-beales - Red Tree
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!