MP3 Robert Arthur - Song And Dance
An album all about music. Listening to it, singing it (even out of tune), dancing to it, romancing to it.
13 MP3 Songs
POP: Quirky, EASY LISTENING: Classical Pop
ROBERT ARTHUR RESUME
On hearing the words and music Robert Arthur had
written for the Theatre Guild’s proposed musical version
of the Pulitzer Prize-winning play, “Idiot’s Delight”,
Goddard Lieberson, Columbia Records VP and producer
of the foremost Broadway show albums, from “Oklahoma”
to “West Side Story”, said to young composer Robert Arthur,
“That’s the finest score I’ve heard since “My Fair Lady”.
Your writing is on a par with the best.”
Writer and/or Producer of 500+ primetime network TV shows.
ASCAP Composer/Lyricist of 20+ TV Theme Songs of primetime shows such as The American Music Awards and The Ed Sullivan Show and.....of songs recorded and/or performed by Natalie Cole, Smokey Robinson, Lorrie Morgan, Andy Williams, Jackie Gleason, Helen Reddy, Sammy Davis Jr., Roy Clark, Connie Francis, Roger Miller, Lou Rawls, Sly Stone, Marilyn McCoo, Steve Lawrence, Carmen Macrae, Robert Goulet, Gloria Loring, Eddie Arnold, William Shatner, Leslie Uggams, Julius LaRosa, Julie Harris,
Connie Stevens, Glen Campbell, etc.
Director/Writer/Producer of 50+ TV Bio Videos tributing Elvis Presley, Whitney Houston, Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Ella Fitzgerald, The Grateful Dead, Barbara Mandrell, Willie Nelson, Michael Jackson, Merle Haggard, Diana Ross, Johnny Cash, Aerosmith, Garth Brooks,
The Beatles, Neil Diamond, Billy Joel, Janet Jackson, Rod Stewart, Kenny Rogers, Alabama, Prince, Dolly, Tammy, Loretta, Reba, etc.
ABOUT THE SONGS
1. THE MIRACLE CALLED MUSIC-all the different
kinds of music and how we use them.
2. THE SOUND OF A BAND TUNING UP-all the
different instruments in a band and what
they sound like.
3. MINOR AND MAJOR-slow, sad minor section
contrasted with a joyous, upbeat major one.
4. JUST A PRETTY SONG-starts with a rap/hip-hop
verse that slides into an easy-listening
5. I CAN’T CARRY A TUNE-the fun confession of
a lifelong off-pitch singer.
6. LAST OF THE SONG & DANCE MEN-a heart-felt
plea to preserve the classic soft-shoe music
7. PATHETIQUE-the music is an adaptation of a
famous piano sonata by Ludwig Von Beethoven and
the words tell about him and this beautiful
example of his artistry.
8. BIG BELLS AND BONGO DRUMMERS-a spicy tribute
to the sounds of Latin Salsa music.
9. WHEN LOVE IS NEW-a French waltz celebrating
10. THE WARTIME POLKA-a sardonic musical commentary
on the many “joys” of war.
11. THE WORLD IS MY MAD CAROUSEL-a jazz waltz wild
12. ALL THOSE DANCES-a huge list of 1960’s-style
dances with that good ole rock’n’roll beat.
13. NEVER STOP DANCING-a slow, sweet romantic
moment when “the world is one woman, one man”.