MP3 John Cain - Songs For Peace Volume II
original fingerstyle arrangements of Rock/Pop classics from The Beatles to Sting played on nylon string classical guitar.
9 MP3 Songs
POP: Pop/Rock, EASY LISTENING: Mood Music
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 1974 - 75
- Studied jazz, music theory and classical guitar.
- Played guitar with the Case Western Jazz Ensemble rated "top five" in nation. Toured mid-west and south, playing various schools and Universities.
Miscellaneous, NY tri state area 1977 - Present
- Numerous gigs with various local musicians such as Richard Thomas, Rob Silvan, Maria Tiscia, Greg Detroy, Chris Coogan, Curtis Winchester, Joe Bracchitta, Gary Blu, Gerard Vito Diacri, Gary MacFadden, Dave Gunnip, Shije, Rick Quintanal, etc. Also performs solo jazz/pop guitar. Guitar and music theory instructor at Guiliano''s Music in Stamford, CT.
Solo Guitar CD
"Songs For Peace - Volume II" produced by John Cain 2007
Solo Guitar CD Release - "Songs For Peace" produced by John Cain 2004
John Cain and the Blues Busters, Stamford, CT 2006 - Present
- Lead guitar and vocals with classic 5 piece blues band.
Faker Five, Stamford, CT 1999 - Present
- Guitarist with 5-piece jazz, swing, blues, Latin band. Play numerous clubs, parties, etc. Performed in concert at the Levitt Pavilion, Westport, CT and the Norwalk Oyster Festival. Composed original music and arrangements for CD "Pass the Hat" and "Downtown with the Underground".
Intercontinental Jazz Quintet, Sarasota, FL 1999
- Toured northwest with 5 piece acoustic jazz quintet. Released CD "Cookin" on Rombro Records. Track "Angel Eyes" selected for Jazz Improv Magazine''s Companion CD.
John Cain Quintet, Stamford, CT 1994 - 1998
- Led 5 piece acoustic jazz group playing many clubs, festivals including headlining at the Winter Jazz Festival, Toads Place, New Haven and The Levitt Pavilion, Westport, CT. Arranged, produced, recorded and contributed original compositions to CD "Muse" on Natural High records.
Romero Brothers Band, Greenwich, CT 1979 - Present
- Lead guitar and arranger for 8 piece swing, jazz, R&B band. Recorded national commercial for Jordache Jeans. Contributed arrangements and original compositions to four CD''s on Rombro Records, "Night In Coscoba, "Bourbon Renewal", "Swingin'' with Haywood and Jeanne Gregory" and "In A Jam". Played hundreds of wedding, clubs, festivals including, Windows On The World, Russian Tea Room, Copacabana, Madison Square Garden, Levitt Pavilion. House band for WCBS Radio FM. Sponsored by Bruce Willis to play the Sun Valley Jazz festival, Sun Valley Center, Liberty Theatre and The Mint in Sun Valley and Ketchum, Idaho. Toured Chicago and Florida playing various jazz and blues clubs.
Sister Sun, Stamford, CT 1987 - Present
- Lead guitar for all original 5-piece contemporary rock/pop band. Toured Nashville, TN in Spring of 1995 appearing in concert and St. Croix, VI in Jan. 2000. Have played the main stage at the Oyster Festival, Norwalk, CT for the past fourteen years including opening for Judy Collins, The Brooklyn Bridge and America. Played at The Palladium, Bitter End, Kenny''s Castaways, Cat Club, NYC. Released all original CD "When it Comes Down" on Current Records.
Natural High, Stamford, CT 1980 - 1991
Lead guitar and composer for 5-piece contemporary jazz, fusion band. Co-produced and contributed original compositions to CD "Within'' Reach" on Natural High records. Played numerous festivals, clubs in NY tri state area
Queen of Hearts, Cheshire, CT 1999 - 2002
- Lead guitar for 9-piece contemporary country band. Tour northeast every Summer playing numerous festivals and clubs. Opening concert act for country superstars Diamond Rio and Collin Raye at Indian Ranch, Webster, Mass. We have played for Gov. and Mrs. John Rowland the last two years.
Family Band, Stamford, CT 1976 - 79
- Played lead guitar for 7 piece soul, R & B band. Toured northeast playing festivals, clubs, military installations.
Blue Eagle Bluegrass Band, Athens, OH 1975
- Played lead guitar. Toured mid-west and south playing bars, clubs, schools, etc.