Hiking North Florida and the Panhandle describes thirty of the area’s finest hikes that highlight some of the best natural areas in the region, many on trails that are not shared with cyclists, skateboarders, or horses.
This user-friendly guide features ten short family walks, including a trip to Falling Waters State Park (the site of Florida’s highest waterfall); eleven day hikes to such places as Big Shoals State Park and Lake Eaton Sinkhole; and nine backpacking adventures that include portions of the 1,400-mile Florida Trail. It provides all the information you need to make the most of exploring North Florida and the Panhandle by foot.
Look inside to find:
• Hikes suited to every ability
• Directions to the trailheads
• Comprehensive trail descriptions, maps, and elevation profiles
• Mile-by-mile directional cues
• Difficulty ratings, average hiking times, best hiking seasons, and elevation gain/loss for every featured
• Area-specific tips on safety, hiking ethics, plants and animals, preserving the environment, and more
Author: O'Keefe, M. Timothy
Title: Hiking North Florida and the Panhandle: A Guide to 30 Great Walking and Hiking Adventures
Pages: 00224 (Encrypted EPUB)
On Sale: 2009-02-24
Category: Sports & Recreation : Hiking
Category: Travel : United States - South - South Atlantic (General)