MP3 Damani Phillips - Yaktown Nights
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
9 MP3 Songs
JAZZ: Smooth Jazz, JAZZ: Traditional Jazz Combo
Who is DAMANI PHILLIPS?
Master of Music, Performance - Jazz Studies, Wayne State University, Detroit,MI
Master of Music, Performance - Classical Saxophone, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY.
Bachelor of Music, Performance - Classical Saxophone, DePaul University, Chicago, IL. 1992
Who is Damani Phillips?!?
I am a native of Pontiac, MI and have been playing the Saxophone for over 18 years now. Believe it or not, I actually began my journey in music as a classical saxophonist. After several years of study, my true path became obviously clear....and so I converted to the "Dark Side"! It's funny how that works sometimes, but as the saying goes, everything happens for a reason. I am also an accomplished composer, with several small group and big band compositions/arrangements to my credit. Check out my salsa composition written for sax quintet (Supersax style), published by Walrus Music.
My primary influences in Jazz are Cannonball Adderly and Charlie Parker. Though the influence of Sonny Rollins, Gerald Albright, Clifford Brown, and Dexter Gordon are distinct, Cannon and Bird have given me the most. Though Jazz is definitely home for me, I have actively sought performance opportunities outside of jazz music. These styles include: Rock, Pop, Music from India (you didn't read that incorrectly!), Klesmer music, and Acid Jazz. Versatility is very important to me.......and it makes my music better!
My sorted musical past has helped me become a unique jazz player and composer. I believe that all music has merit, and it is up to the musician to find the good and integrate it into his/her playing. This belief is prominently evident on my album, where styles present include jazz, funk, Latin, hip-hop, and even a twist of classical. As I said in my album description, there isn't much else out there like YAKTOWN NIGHTS. Don't take my word for it, see for yourself.
1. Sunset's Lat Embrace: An original composition written on the beaches of Honolulu, HI. This funk ballad rides over an addictively funky groove and is laces with a smooth lyrical melody that is perfect to set the mood for your next evening in. Performed by my jazz quartet, this track has all kinds of flavor........
2. Bay Street Bounce: Original smooth jazz composition that packs a little more bite than the usual. Written by hip-hop producer RBC, this track incorporates elements of hip-hop and jazz music to create a fresh, new flavor of smooth jazz. Blend this with an original smooth-flowing and infectious melody, and you get this track which is named for the street I grew up on.
3. Corcovado: This creative arrangement of Jobim's bossa is one of the highlights of the album. Just when you think you knew "Quiet Nights", this arrangement lets you know that it begs to differ. Played by my jazz combo.
4. Shalom: This up-tempo straight-ahead track swings like a pendulum. This original composition blends elements of jazz and klesmer music. The result: a refreshing new variation of straight-ahead jazz. One of the hottest tracks on the album!
5. Spanish Kiss: This sultry seductive original is perhaps my favorite track on the album. A beautifully lyrical flamenco-inspired melody written over a slow bossa groove. This track exudes sensuality and sexiness. A guaranteed winner to set the mood right for.........
6. Yaktown Nights: The album title track. No bells and whistles on this one....just a straight-up phat groove to ride to. Combining elements of smooth jazz and hip hop, this track is the head-nodder's anthem!! This track reflects my vision of the nightlife in my hometown Pontiac, MI.
7. Pavane for 2G3: One of the most inventive tracks on the album. This is an imaginative arrangement of Faure's Pavane, op. 50 infused with jazz chords, and all laid over a hip-hop groove. You've heard nothing else like this one - that's a promise. Check out the introduction to this one!! You'll never know what hit you!
And for all the jazz heads out there:
8. Spanish Kiss (alt. take)
9. Pavane for 2G3 (alt. take)
TAKE A CHANCE ON THIS REFRESHING NEW FLAVOR OF JAZZ.
Get your copy of Yaktown Nights today!
in partnership with CDbaby (ID 223829)
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!