MP3 Edie Carey - Come Close (the live photo album)
This file is no longer available on Tradebit.
23 MP3 Songs
FOLK: Folk Pop, POP: Folky Pop
"Fantastic! I saw Edie live for the first time last year...She is an amazing person/writer/singer and a definite MUST BUY."
- Melissa Ferrick
"Edie Carey's reputation is well-deserved. She is filled with such high-spirited energy and humor that you can't take your eyes off her. You need to have good stories, good lyrics, and a super-engaging style to pull off truly confessional music, and [she] does it with equal parts love for her audience and star-quality panache."
On "Come Close," Edie invites you to do just that: come close to listen in on some of her favorite musical and humorous moments onstage. She is known for her engaging - and often very funny - stories and between-song banter as well as her haunting and affecting live performances. If you haven't yet seen her live, then this album should tide you over until you do. Artwork includes a 12-page booklet of black & white photos taken by fans.
MORE ABOUT EDIE...
* When I Was Made, Finalist for Album of the Year in the Independent Music Awards, 2004
* When I Was Made Featured Nationwide in Borders Books and Music Listening Stations, 2004
* Grand Prize Winner, Guitar Center's "The Producer Project" Songwriting Contest, 2003
* Finalist, Telluride Bluegrass Festival Troubadour Competition, 2004
* Finalist, Rocky Mountain Folks Festival Songwriter Showcase, 2003 & 2004
* Honorable Mention, Billboard Songwriting & USA Songwriting Competitions 2003 & 2004
* Songs featured on The WB Network's "Charmed" & MTV's "Road Rules" 2002
* Performer, Ed McMahon's Next Big Star (Star Search), Pax TV, 2001
* Performer, Olympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City, UT, 2002
* Opener, Melissa Ferrick Spring Tour 2004 & Fall Tour 2002
* Interviewee, "Marketplace" on National Public Radio, 2002
* Performer, 2002 & 2000 Falcon Ridge Folk Festival
* Top 5 Emerging Artists, Falcon Ridge New Artist Showcase, 1999
With her warm, graceful voice and her knack for cutting "into a subject...with a diamond-edged blade**," Edie Carey grabs hold of her audiences and doesn't let go until she steps off the stage. While her songs are what first draw listeners in, it's what she says in between that keeps them coming back. Carey's wry and self-mocking humor, coupled with her ability to tell a great story, makes audiences feel as though they have just spent the evening with a very close friend. Given the triple threat of her magnetic stage presence, heart-grabbing songs, and almost unearthly voice, it's no wonder that the word about Carey is traveling fast. Performing Songwriter called her latest release, When I Was Made, "a lovely, shimmering, heart-felt record"; Harp Magazine proclaimed it "bare of self-pity and full of down-to-earth revelation"; Paste declared it "vulnerable and pleasing...rich with humanity and insight," and Country Music Weekly gave it "êêêê."
Since beginning her rigorous touring schedule in 1999, Carey has performed in rooms such as The Bottom Line and Bowery Ballroom in New York City, The Fillmore in San Francisco, Boston's Somerville Theatre and Club Passim, The Iron Horse Music Hall in Northampton, Nashville's Bluebird Cafe, Genghis Cohen in Los Angeles, The Opera House in Toronto, and The Borderline in London. She has also played repeat performances at The Rocky Mountain Folks Festival, The Falcon Ridge Folk Festival, The Southern Womyn's Festival, The Houston Women's Festival, and Chicago's Edgewater Days and Market Days. She has shared the stage with artists as varied as Leo Kottke, Ani DiFranco, Jonatha Brooke, Lucy Kaplansky, Patty Larkin, and Sandra Bernhard, and has toured extensively with Melissa Ferrick.
Carey's latest recording, When I Was Made, was produced by Evan Brubaker (Holly Figueroa, David LaMotte) and Troy Glessner at Spectre Studios in Tacoma, WA. Featuring acclaimed Seattle-based musicians Jonathan Kingham, Skip Peri, Dan Tyack, and Julie Wolf (Ani DiFranco), When I Was Made was released in January 2004. Edie's previous albums, Come Close, Call Me Home, and The Falling Places were released to critical acclaim in 2002, 2000, and 1998, respectively.
in partnership with CDbaby
More Files From This User
- MP3 El Puma De Sinaloa - Me invito la noche
- MP3 Harmonik - Lets Go!
- MP3 Haymaker - In For A Pound
- MP3 Hans Engel - Wunderwelten
- MP3 Hillfolk Noir - Skinny Mammys Revenge
Photo Albums - 20 High Quality Plr Articles
Mp3 Michael Bloch - Sweet Dreams
Blooming Mistletoe, European Mistletoe (viscum Album) On Top Of An Apple Tree
Mistletoe (viscum Album) On A Poplar Tree As Host
Mp3 Who Z Dat - Fame And Fortune
Mp3 Errol Herrick - Armadillo
Mp3 Amelia Ray - Music For Autistic People
Mp3 Eve Packer & Noah Howard - Now Playing
Tradebit is the worlds largest marketplace for digital files, with over 2.5 million satisfied customers and millions of digital products. Online for over 12 years, Tradebit is the best place to find files like music, video tutorials, repair manuals, and more. If you're curious about how much our users love Tradebit, read reviews from real buyers!