Special Ops has emerged to become one of the most sought after outfits in an are where bottom heavy distorted elegance is found to consort with ethnically infused infectious rhythms. Thrusting with a double barrelled vocal assault and securing with a well-armed rhythm section, it is standard operational procedure for this joint task force to be moving to higher ground.
With quick and accurate bombardment, they have been able to blow away North American audiences using a fully equipped live musical attack. Singer Abe Froman with a style of his own and a stage energy that needs to be seen. Bassist Waldo Thornhill and Guitarist Akbar Johnson''s accuracy of a sniper and vocal balance followed by the pounding and power of Clarence Mcgillacutty sets Special Ops apart from the rest. The group has gained recognition by means of their unique chemistry which functions in creating their cutting edge music. Their influence stems from bands reminiscent of Alice in Chains, Guns n Roses, Metallica and blends to form a sound that is curiously enchanting to the human ear. Their sound is a blend of Nickelback meets System Of A Down, and Nirvana.
Representation: Management - NDG Entertainment, Bookings - War By Choice.
Major exposure includes:
* A 15-20 min spotlight in and composition of the complete soundtrack for "Sid''s Cycle Show" Season 1 and some of Season 2, to be aired on Global, Men TV, Showcase action, Spike (+2 million viewers).
* Licensing of "Anger Is Creeping" by "Sid''s Cycle Show" airing on Much Music, Much Loud, Much More Music, and Music Plus as of mid June 2007.
* North American Tour, Print & Radio Promo for "Anger Is Creeping" and "Phase 2" by War By Choice Booking agency for summer 2007.
* The soundtrack of and display of the Bands Logo and sweater by one of the actors of Whistler airing on CTV and on "The N."
* Approached by CBC to use "Pick Up The Pieces" and "Breath I Breathe" for the soundtrack of "Rock Your World."
* Opening slots for more established artists such as My American Heart, Better Than Ezra, Kiros.
* The Search Of Madness Cross Canada Tour 2005 - 2006, over 100 shows from Montague PEI to Victoria Island BC, with an average attendance of 150-300 by the time they reached Victoria Island (Set dates and venues etc… available upon request and on the bands website).
* CANADA DAY 2003-04-05 &06 (Two Mountains), Montreal Music Fest 2003, M.O.M. Fest 2004-2005, and Bryce Fest 2005 (Winnipeg).
* "Pick Up The Pieces" is on the Lollipop Magazine Compilation CD, 30 000+ free copies distributed with magazine issues.
* "Pick Up The Pieces" is on the In Doom We Trust Compilation CD, 10 000+ distributed across Canada and northern US.
* Phase 2: Amidst the Madness
o Produced by Murray Daigle (Not By Choice, Emerald Rain, Pain, Exit 57 Records…), to be released June 2007world wide.
o Featuring Liam Killeen (Not By Choice) who was hired by the band for the recording of the single for their second album.
o Supported by Amidst The Madness Cross Canada Tour (Summer/Fall 2007).
* Phase 1: In Search of Madness
o Produced by Jeff Nystrom (April Wine, Adam Gregory, Mercury, Mensa Records…), released March 25th 2005 across Canada. July 2006 World wide.
o Supported by The Search for Madness Cross Canada Tour (April-Nov 2005).
o Music video for the 1st single "Pick Up The Pieces" by S.E.E.D Productions to be completed by mid 2006.
* E.P "Emily"
o Engineered by Tim Doyle (Planet Smashers, Trevor Reid, Skill Man), Produced by Special Ops and Tim Doyle. A 5 song E.P. featuring the first single "Emily," released 2004.
o Music video for "Emily" by Melanie Vachon.
This file is sold by music, an independent seller on Tradebit.