* You need to eat an extra 500 calories a day when pregnant.
* Iron needs triple during pregnancy.
* A high-fiber diet is important during pregnancy.
* False. Pregnant women require 300 extra calories a day and nursing women need an extra 500 calories a day. You'll find more on calories and weight gain in Chapter 1 and nutrition tips while breast-feeding in Chapter 9.
* False. Your need for iron doubles during pregnancy. Still, it can be difficult to get this much iron from food alone. That's why you should read more about iron in Chapter 3.
* True. Fiber helps prevent constipation, a common occurrence during pregnancy. Learn tips for managing constipation, morning sickness, and other discomforts of pregnancy in Chapter 7.
From the latest information on vitamin and mineral supplements and exercise to advice on losing weight after your baby is born, this handy book covers it all.
Author: Ward, Elizabeth M.
Title: Pregnancy Nutrition: Good Health for You and Your Baby
Pages: 00096 (Encrypted EPUB)
On Sale: 1998-07-01
Category: Health & Fitness : Pregnancy & Childbirth
Category: Health & Fitness : Nutrition
Category: Health & Fitness : Women's Health - General