Personal health and fitness has joined the digital revolution. Using Microsoft HealthVault, people interested in monitoring their health have an unprecedented opportunity to research their own data. This concise book explains how HealthVault users can collect and analyze their data, and how application developers can help them with mobile or web-based applications.
You’ll learn how to use HealthVault’s open API, flexibility, and connections with multiple health-care providers to develop health data applications, enable automatic updates from well-known fitness devices, and use programming libraries to create reports and investigate trends.
- Get a walkthrough of HealthVault functionality available to end users
- Use HealthVault to capture data from devices that measure a user’s health
- Examine HealthVault’s API for interacting with applications and devices, using .NET code samples
- Develop a Quantified Self application for consumers that can track more than 80 data types
- Learn how to build mobile apps for HealthVault by exploring an end-to-end example for Windows Phone 7
- Use best practices for releasing, maintaining, and marketing HealthVault applications to end users
Author: Bhandari, Vaibhav
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
Title: Enabling Programmable Self with Healthvault: An Accessible Personal Health Record
Pages: 00120 (Unencrypted EPUB)
On Sale: 2012-03-22
Category: Computers : Programming - General
Category: Medical : Family & General Practice